Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Best Treasure Movie?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There were a few, IMO, however, the gold standard has to be 'Treasure of the Sierra Madre'. How can you get better than bogie?! Care to top this one anybody?

Joe
I know as a kid, "the deep" made an impression on me...Especially that chicks wet tank top!
Gotta agree with Joe, Treasure of the Sierra Madre is in a class by itself, John Houston was amazing as the "old timer"
A distant second place is Mother Lode with Charleton Heston, kinna corny, but still a good movie for those with gold fever.
All very good and hard to top.  I am a Clive Cussler fan (super cheesy and completely unrealistic) so I'm going to say 'Sahara'.  Civil war Ironside and gold coins!  I am also going to add The Goonies.  "Hey you guys!!"
the goonies kicked ass!
Yeah I will still stop flipping channels if the Goonies pops up!!
I know its holywood but I have to say The Last Crusade is my fav one.
It has everything...Badass research diaries, relic hunting, and boobytraps/riddles.

Indy's "This should be in a museum!" mantra is a bit cliche but at least he's morally consistent.
The temptation to keep that stuff would be too strong for me I'm afraid...I'd will them to the museum after I was dead...so they'd get eventually. Wink
Reference URL's