Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: my sons relic hunt
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(02-06-2014 04:51 PM)micahmoore Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Joe,

Yea I had the same feeling - He comes off more like he a personality ytuber that happens to sometimes detect as opposed to someone whos got the detecting bug and films it.

As a married man, I plead the 5th on his sister.
Wink

Yeah, we're on the same page then, Micah Wink Like I said, quality of videos are A+, but, too many suspicious things. You're 110% correct with your assessment. He's more like an Internet personality who happens to detect once in a while, versus a hard core hunter who films his hunts. Fun to watch, but, can't hold a flame to hunters like Ron, Bill Ladd, Keith Southern, etc.

Joe
That dude is a goober...you should see the comments on the kinzli forum...guys already found his site( that he probably tresspassed on) because the numbnuts videod way to many details.
Nice digs on your sons part there Ray :-)

Field/vineyard is off limits there huh? What about that patch of woods off to the right!? lol

And that tiger paw stuff - is that a membrane type underlayment? Looks like what we call "ice and water shield" here in Michigan - has a sticky side that you peel the back away from and stick it to the roof edge around the entire perimeter (up the rakes and all) to guard against ice build up and water damage - it's about 1/4 inch thick and cost a small fortune - comes in 3 ft wide rolls and also "dress" width of 12" for around openings, pipes, boots, dormers, etc. We also use it (the dress width product) in window and door openings under flashing before install (at least the good builders/carpenters do) - fly by nights and cheats don't because of cost and lack of knowledge of building codes/practices...
Hey Wayne,
Im real familiar with Icenwater shield...the job in this pic is entirely done in it[attachment=1217]

But tigers paw is just another synthetic underlayment like titanium.
As for detecting that property, Im sure they would let me, but I have not seen anything that makes me want to. Ray
Ray, the same way you wonder how us guys in the east deal with the snow, I don't know how you roofing guys do it...especially in Cali!!! You know my dad was a roofer, as I've mentioned. Talk about grinding, back breaking work. Man oh man, swinging a heavy detector for 8 hours at a clip must be like a vacation to you! How the hell do you deal with it in the blistering Summers?

Joe
Im the boss...I get the shady spot! Actually, I must. be getting old...last year was the first time I ever took time off because it was hot,lol
Your son is taking after his father Ray, He's become a good hunter!

That vineyard with what appears to be a creek/stream nearby looks like the same mission era type fields on the West Coast.  The vineyard itself looks like it's loaded with relics,  Still a beautiful shot none the less.

Paul (Ca)
its in Acampo by Lodi. Good to see you post Paul. How have you been doing with the gmp???
Hello Ray,

Haven't been to a serious site with the GMP but will be going here in a week or two to a mission era site, Have been using the GMP for gold jewelry hunting at schools and such and so far really like it especially for the 3-tone feature. Micro jewelry or bits and pieces of low conductive give off a different kind of sound sort of like what a flamingo sounds like at the zoo, I guess it a flamingo sound or at least it's what I always hear at the zoo. This is my way of describing it and how I can tell quickly out in the field if it's a super small piece of low conductive, Over all really like it allot hopefully it does we as a relic hunter that I will know soon.

Also,  Picked up three NEL coils and after using all three for a short period found the stock 9" coil to be a great coil.  I'm leaning with going back to the stock 9" coil and leave it at that it's that good of a coil, plus it's a hassle  swapping coils.

Here are the three NEL coils I picked up,

NEL Sharp: 5" inch round
NEL Sharpshooter: 9.5" x 5.5"
NEL Hunter: 12.5" x 8.5"

Sure, Each of the three have a slight edge over the others one form or another but overall the 9" stock coil is one good coil it about covers it all.

I thought I read somewhere you were getting one?  If not you're welcome to borrow mine, It's a keeper so even if it only does well for Gold jewelry I'm a happy camper and if it does ok as a relic hunter than that's icing on the cake Happy 

You're always welcome to borrow the GMP Ray, I won't sell it but you can use it Happy

Take care Ray,
Paul (Ca)
yeah,I WAS just about to pull the trigger on one, then....well,if your married youll understand,lol. Damn PMS!
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's