Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: another relic site
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So these finds come from a site me and my dad have been hitting. Havent been back for a while but i found these a while back. Hard site to hit as it had lots of of human contact from 1850 all the way to 1980.  I like the masonic pin the best. Anybody have an idea of how old it is? I was told civil war era but I just dont know.  The rest of the finds are nothing too special 1920s wheatie, little bit of silver with that dwarf earing (modern), and some other relics, thanks for lookin
Nice Finds!!  The pin is cool.

What is the back like?  How they attached it to the lapel will tell a lot about the age.

The push pin type backs post dates that era and most of the civil war pins/brooches etc have always had the long needle like attachment.  And it seem that the needle was usually wider than the pin/brooch itself.  And that attachment was usually soldered on.[Image: 4032%20garnet%20brooch%202%20.jpg]
I am no expert but that just looks more modern to me.  Maybe along the lines of the 20' -30 stuff you are finding!!

Just my GUESS but cool regardless of age.
(02-12-2014 10:36 PM)Ron (CA) Wrote: [ -> ]Nice Finds!!  The pin is cool.

What is the back like?  How they attached it to the lapel will tell a lot about the age.

The push pin type backs post dates that era and most of the civil war pins/brooches etc have always had the long needle like attachment.  And it seem that the needle was usually wider than the pin/brooch itself.  And that attachment was usually soldered on.[Image: 4032%20garnet%20brooch%202%20.jpg]
I am no expert but that just looks more modern to me.  Maybe along the lines of the 20' -30 stuff you are finding!!

Just my GUESS but cool regardless of age.

yeah Ron I was thinking the same age,  doesn't have the same wear and tear as the gold rush era finds ive found there and it was quite shallow.  the back is very weird never seen anything like it.  almost like a clip, within a clip.  hard to describe ill try to post pic later.
You're onto a good spot there, dude! Sure to be some old silver & other coins there Yes Pound it as hard as you can & dig every iffy signal Wink

Joe
sorry don't have any idea of the date but cool!! I found a eastern star pin last year that I need to find out a date on also Maybe I can post when I get some time
Reference URL's