Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: What the heck is this?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any of you gold guys ever see this thing before? I was surfing about and stumbled across it. I don't get it, where's the rods & shafts? Someone's supposed to carry this thing around and just swirl the probe around in random areas?

Their distributor list is lengthy, so, I doubt it's a sham product, but, never seen it before. 300 kHz, wow!

What's the deal?

http://www.falconmetaldetectors.com

Joe
I have never heard of this thing either.  I could see where it would come in handy if you are looking for gold in creeks.  Just slide it down in cracks and crevices where it is hard to get a trowel.  Just to let you know if there is good stuff in there.  Who knows may work.
its a pinpointer dude!! The falcon is supposed to be very sensitive. Ive never used one,but know a few guys who do.
I've used a Falcon extensively, a good tool for the prospector. It can detect gold , or other metals for that matter , in very small quantities. I'm talking flakes of fine gold much smaller than you could detect with even the most sensitive detectors. I've sat on gold mine tailing piles and gone through the rubble picking out marble size rocks that gave me a reading and then hauled them to crush in a mortar and pestil to extract flakes of gold as small as a grain of sugar--barely visible.

It's not really suitable as a pinpointer because it has to be "grround/air balanced" every time you turn it on and the tone is very timid with no vibration--basically it's too sensitive for that usage
(02-16-2014 09:32 AM)Dusty Wrote: [ -> ]I've used a Falcon extensively, a good tool for the prospector. It can detect gold , or other metals for that matter , in very small quantities. I'm talking flakes of fine gold much smaller than you could detect with even the most sensitive detectors. I've sat on gold mine tailing piles and gone through the rubble picking out marble size rocks that gave me a reading and then hauled them to crush in a mortar and pestil to extract flakes of gold as small as a grain of sugar--barely visible.

It's not really suitable as a pinpointer because it has to be "grround/air balanced" every time you turn it on and the tone is very timid with no vibration--basically it's too sensitive for that usage

Thanks for the info, Dusty Yes So, it cannot be used for pinpointing, eh? Wow, that's pretty odd. A detector with no shaft, however, you gold guys are sometimes hunting in very small areas (nooks & crannies, cracks & crevices). Being able to slip this into places like that would be a major advantage. Yeah, at 300 kHz one would guess that it's very good at finding tiny, tiny specks of gold.

The reason I started this thread is because, while I'm not a raw gold hunter, whenever I see a piece of equipment I was never aware of, I try and get the lowdown on it. I'm a gadget nut, lol. I remember the first time I saw that stupid thing shaped like a gun with an antenna pointing out years ago, that claimed to be able to find treasure by just pointing it at random spots. Now, I'm a native New Yorker. First thing that popped in my mind was; "the guy who invented this thing has got a GREAT racket going!". But then, a few guys (VERY few, haha) actually claimed on a popular forum that it worked. They've used the product before to find coins, gold, etc. I still believe it's a POS, however, even the most skeptical mind cannot rule everything out. I know guys that swear by dowsing. I've never attempted it, but, I can actually see something like that working. Not so much for treasure, but for water. Any of you ever try dowsing before? Think about this guys...

I knew an acquaintance years ago that was big into astrology. I used to gently make fun of him & josh him about it. Then, he got pretty miffed one day, and broke it down in a mighty interesting way, he said; "The ocean, the biggest force on earth, is influenced by the moon (a planet). It controls the tides. Yet, we cannot see the pushing & pulling, nor can we explain the association or influence. Now, staying on that train, the human body is mostly water - about two thirds. Wouldn't it make sense that we too are influenced by the planets then?". Gotta tell ya, that question has been gnawing away at me for many years now. What say you?

Joe
Joe
It comes with a handle of sorts that is in reality nothing more than a stick of PVC which it slips into---at least that's how mine was and I never used needed it. Mine is an early model which I've had since the late 80's and I don't even know if it still works since I don't do much prospecting anymore. I should list it !!

I suppose you could use it as a pinpointer in certain ways but in terms of comparing with a Propointer or similar , it would be awfully slow to adjust knobs and balance with every use.

You could however quick pan through a bunch of classifed dirt in your gold pan and then run the Falcon through the heavies at the bottom of the pan and have a good idea if you wanted to continue to pan down to the fines. It really is a good unit and not a scam but then again , I'm convinced dowsing has some merit as well.  Happy
(02-16-2014 09:32 AM)Dusty Wrote: [ -> ]I've used a Falcon extensively, a good tool for the prospector. It can detect gold , or other metals for that matter , in very small quantities. I'm talking flakes of fine gold much smaller than you could detect with even the most sensitive detectors. I've sat on gold mine tailing piles and gone through the rubble picking out marble size rocks that gave me a reading and then hauled them to crush in a mortar and pestil to extract flakes of gold as small as a grain of sugar--barely visible.

Thanks Dusty for your opinion I have been looking at getting one for years but I would want it for pinpointing Guess I will have to get the new whites trx
Reference URL's