Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Teknetics G2 or Fisher Gold Bug Pro DP?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I need informed opinions from you fellas. I own a Delta 4000. With it I have the 5x10DD and the 13" Ultimate. My reasoning for getting either the G2 or GB Pro DP is the use of those coils and the 19 and 19.2 khz field plus maybe getting the little teeny 5" round DD that comes with the GB Pro package. There is nowhere around here that I can actually go gold prospecting except for some creek areas East of Mansfield, OH, that are all claimed/sluiced out and require expensive club memberships to go hunting for "placers" from the last Ice Age thaw. So that's out.

What I'm attempting to do is be as frugal (cheap! lol)Chuckle as I can be but have the ability to use coils I already own. Yes The Delta has paid for all of the above thrice over, but I want to start getting better at depth because the areas around here have been hunted to death by the Pros who've been at it for years. Yet, I still find stuff with my Delta. This snow is going to melt somewhere along the line and I want to be out again with either of those two machines HUNTING.

Any and all info from in the field experience is appreciated. Even "rumors" at this point.

HELP ME PLEASE! My tax refund is "melting" in my account.Sad

Respectfully, The "Ohio Dirt Fisher"

Ed
T2 is a tad deeper

G2/Gold Bug DP is a tad faster

if you get a T2 - make sure to get the "SE" version - has boost process/deep mode on it - the regular T2 doesn't...
Im very happy with my gb pro. Great for working in nails.
I have a Gold Bug pro and from everything I read, there is very little difference between the GB Pro and the G2.

Either machine will perform well.
Ray. I've seen some of the you tube vids on that and I was pretty impressed how well the G2 can discriminate out a nickel, for example, among a number of iron targets. I live in an area where there is quite a bit of iron so that would be a plus. Many times I discriminate out my lower VID on my 4000 just to keep my sanity. I'm hearing that depth on the G2 is probably about as good or only slightly better than my Delta, but sensitivity to the mid VID is much better because of the khz. I'm guessing you find the same with your GBP as they are almost identical machines. Thanks!

Ron. Yes I'm beginning to see that over the scope of my internet searches. The GBP is almost identical to my Delta from the physical build standpoint. Control box is a tad larger. As opposed to the joystick approach on the G2. And I'm learning that the DD Greek coils will work on either the G2 or the GBP but the concentric won't. So it looks as if I'm going for the GBP with the little 5" coil after all. Thanks. Enjoy your vids btw.
Sorry OP

I didn't notice you were asking about the G2 vs GBP

I thought you were asking about the T2 vs GBP

anyway

the G2 and GBP are the exact same machine except the G2 comes mounted on a straight shaft and the GBP is mounted on the S style shaft

that is the only difference besides a $100 more for the G2 being on the straight rod
The Gold Bug Pro and G2 have the same guts.  The main difference is the control head on the GBP is mounted on the S-rod and the G2's is mounted on a handle.  I actually like the solid feel of the GBP on the S-rod myself.  Both the G2 and GBP has ground balance which your 4000 does not.  This can mean greater depths and smoother running in a lot of soils.  Plus the GBP and G2 has dual processors that make it a very stable machine even at 100% sensitivity.  I loved my personal GBP but just sold it so I can put more money into my Fisher F19 orders I'm getting in.  The F19 should be a well rounded machine able to hunt nuggets to coins with the added notch feature.  Plus I hunt at night a lot and the F19 had a backlight.  All your coils will work on it as well.
I don't like using my gbp in parks..I dig way to many tiny targets and it doesn't have the depth of my AT Pro.I am saving it for gold prospecting. got the 13 ultimate coil for it but still only 6/7 inch depth... also got some nugget buster headphones that I haven't used yet.
(05-20-2014 01:30 AM)jimmyb Wrote: [ -> ]I don't like using my gbp in parks..I dig way to many tiny targets and it doesn't have the depth of my AT Pro.I am saving it for gold prospecting. got the 13 ultimate coil for it but still only 6/7 inch depth... also got some nugget buster headphones that I haven't used yet.

It does find some tiny stuff for sure.  I get better depth in my soil.  Plus running the ground balance on the positive side works well too.  I found that the tiniest stuff was coming in under 45.  So if I ran my disc to 45 I eliminated a lot of tiny targets.  It still hits small jewelry even at that.
Thanks man I will have to give it some more time..I have only done 6 hours with it in the park .The atpro is epic for me in the parks .I only got the GBP for prospecting but I only do 2 prospecting trips a year...next trip will be round octoberSad
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's