Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Eastern Star Pin @ pistol
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Here is a picture of my eastern Star Pin I found in Illinois last fall was on the  cover of the last American digger magazine.
Also when I found 1876 seated dime and 1865 Indian. and the pistol and everything else in the photo. I will try to get a picture of the back later today.
So maybe someone can try and date it for me, any help will be appricated
[attachment=1211]
[attachment=1212]
[attachment=1213]
That is sick! Beautiful piece!!! Congrats on the Digger cover, too. I'm putting that big boy up on the banner! Congrats Yes

P.S. - We've had the winter to end all winters here in the northeast. No digging action. Seeing awesome stuff like this is just what the doctor ordered Beer

Joe
awesome finds man congratsBeer
Very Cool pin-  that dates right with your seated coin!

After a little reading:

Although the concept and process of OES started in 1850, the General Grand Chapter was formed in 1876--same date as your seated!!  Very Cool!!

I think that symbol coincides with the General Grand Chapter so that is why I think it is post 1876.

Info:

The Order was created by Rob Morris in 1850 when, while confined by illness, he set down the principles of the order in his Rosary of the Eastern Star. By 1855, he had organized a "Supreme Constellation" in New York, which chartered chapters throughout the United States.

In 1866, Dr. Morris started working with Robert Macoy, and handed the Order over to him while Morris was traveling in the Holy Land. Macoy organized the current system of Chapters, and modified Dr. Morris' Rosary into a Ritual.

On December 1, 1874, Queen Esther Chapter No. 1 became the first Prince Hall Affiliate chapter of the Order of the Eastern Star when it was established in Washington, D.C. by Thornton Andrew Jackson.[3]

The "General Grand Chapter" was formed in Indianapolis, Indiana on November 6, 1876. Committees formed at that time created the Ritual of the Order of the Eastern Star in more or less its current form.[4]
Thanks Guys and Rob good information, we only detected this spot for 2 hrs lots of brass and copper stuff. Planning to get back there this spring when ever the thaw comes
(02-19-2014 11:31 AM)Steveo Wrote: [ -> ]Planning to get back there this spring when ever the thaw comes

After this winter, thaw should be around August Tongue

Joe
That's just incredible! Good job!
great find!!
(02-19-2014 11:37 AM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-19-2014 11:31 AM)Steveo Wrote: [ -> ]Planning to get back there this spring when ever the thaw comes

After this winter, thaw should be around August Tongue

Joe

I feel the same way!
Yes joe you are right about august was suppose to go down and detect this weekend but pouring rain there good to get rid of frost there maybe next week
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's