Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Gold coin find from 2005
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey all - figured since Ray posted his old gold coin find from a few yrs ago that I'd do the same with mine ;-)

Some of you have probably seen this on the original site it was posted on back in 2005 when I found it and some of you on Dankawskis as I posted it there back in the summer.

Just thought I'd share it here too.

Found with an old Garrett GTI 2500 - hit in the nickel/tab range loud & clear mid tone/belltone back & forth at approx. 5" deep

still gets my heart pumping even to this day when thinking about the second it came out of the ground and I realized what it was! 

[attachment=1223] [attachment=1224]
Man she's a beauty! That's a highly privileged club you made it into, you should be damn proud Yes I remember when you posted that on Tom's. What kinda site was it found at? Woods? Farm? Admittedly, I'm not a 'dig it all' kinda guy when hunting land, as I'm only zoned in on old copper/silver. I do the beach to find yellow. So, god only knows how many gold rings, jewelry I've walked over through the years. Did you have a heart attack when you pulled that out? Lol.

Joe
That is one nice find would kill to get a couple of them in a hole. Maybe this summer when ever it warms up.
Thanks for posting
(02-20-2014 06:51 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Man she's a beauty! That's a highly privileged club you made it into, you should be damn proud Yes I remember when you posted that on Tom's. What kinda site was it found at? Woods? Farm? Admittedly, I'm not a 'dig it all' kinda guy when hunting land, as I'm only zoned in on old copper/silver. I do the beach to find yellow. So, god only knows how many gold rings, jewelry I've walked over through the years. Did you have a heart attack when you pulled that out? Lol.

Joe

Joe

I found it at an old home along a stone walkway near a side door to the house. It was in a neighborhood of very nice and very huge historical homes (mine included) - all of the homes were built in the mid 1800s (1860s/70s) mostly and all belonged to prominent type people of the period (when built).

I detected a good dozen of them in the neighborhood and found many nice coins, jewelry pieces, etc. --- in my own yard I found a lapel pin made of 18k gold from turn of the century and a ton of silver coins ;-)

And yeah - you could say I had a heart attack in some manner - I believe it stopped for a split second when I realized it was a $5 gold piece!
Dude,thats awesome!!!! Bet that aint your last either!
(02-20-2014 11:01 PM)deathray Wrote: [ -> ]Dude,thats awesome!!!! Bet that aint your last either!

Lets hope not Ray!

I'm searching for the ever elusive $1 gold piece mixed in iron

that's sort of a challenge I have going on for myself at the moment

finding a gold coin (or any target for that matter) all by itself in relatively clean ground is easy (as long as it's there for you to find in the 1st place)

but

to find a tiny/thin $1 gold piece mixed in an iron infested site is a whole nother story ;-)

I'm hoping this Deus or AT Pro does the trick this coming season as I have several sites lined up to give it a go and see if I can't make it happen - - many of which I hunted last yr but had just scratched the surface on.

Good luck to you too in finding your next one ;-)
Very nice find. I would definitely have a near heart attack if I found one of those. lol
Killer find! Congrats!
Sweet coin!!
Very good gold piece find indeed!  Those are a hard gold coin to find, haven't seen too many people find this type.

Congrats!
Paul (Ca)
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's