Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Another desert silver.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Last sat. Went way out in the mojave desert, not far from where I found my 1830 large cent in 2012 off one of the old wagon trails. After digging tons of junk, I get a good signal near a large rock big enough to sit on. I look down and see a black disc sticking out of the sand. I pick it up and its a 1917-s standing quarter. Not far away my buddy brad digs 2 wheats (15-s and 19-s). We didn't find any other coins in that area. I did find a triumph emblem from 23-26 and in a wash I spotted a nice quartz crystal gleaming in the sun. Some of the junk I was diggin. Thanks for lookin!
You lucky dog! No gettin out here for at least another couple of weeks...if we're lucky. Is that the first big silver of the year?

Btw, like the new avatar. Good to see your mug Yes

P.S. - Triumph is my favorite bike. Ever since I saw Steve McQueen jump that fence in The Great Escape, I wanted one.

Joe
NIce digs!

Looks like you got a model T Ford valve cover in that last pic - that's a cool find as is the T handled tool thing too ;-)

HH
Nice haul overall Leo. I dig that screw driver with the missing wood inserts. Cool!!!
That's some mighty fine targets you are got there.  congrats we will not get out for 2 months yet here
(02-21-2014 07:24 PM)Steveo Wrote: [ -> ]That's some mighty fine targets you are got there.  congrats we will not get out for 2 months yet here

Are you speaking literally? If so, where are you? It's been one of the worst winters on record here in NJ in decades, but, I'm guessing I should be able to get out by mid March.

Joe
Wow!  Very nice silver leo!

Those are a rare find not too many of those quarters surface,  You earned that beauty for sure!

And congrats to finding the large cent, Now those are Rare find here on the west coast not too many made it this far west.

Congrats!
Paul (Ca)
Reference URL's