Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Some folks have all the luck!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(02-26-2014 01:43 AM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]I'll bet Ron has something good to say about this.

Hmmm, speaking of which, surprised he hasn't checked-in as of yet. 
MAYBE IT WAS HIM!!!

Joe
Maybe he's been to that property and missed it. Not to get any mileage out of it, but hey, ya never know.
ha, theres literally millions of acres of ranchland and private property here in gold country. Its really rural,the biggest cities like Auburn,Grass Valley and Sonora are still only 20-30,000 people. The entire county I live in has less than 50,000 residents....so what Im getting at is there is a whole lot of basically unexplored areas.  Remember that ghost town I was hunting that I posted pics? Reading some history tales,seems Jaquin Murritta (outlaw) robbed a Wells Fargo stagecoach REAL close by. You never know.....Ray
Here's alittle more info about it

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saddle_Ridge_Hoard

I'm going to guess that as soon as they hit the market and someone puts the details together as to where they came from , someone will come forward and claim they were stolen from their bank or create some specious claim to them and get an injunction against the sale. I hope it all moves too fast for that and that the company in charge of selling them gets it done first. Any one know what the statute of limitations on something like this may be? Watch Uncle Sam claim them because the finders don't have "allodial mineral rights" or something.  Sad
OK --Incredible story and I believe 100% that they were found in the ground.  I have some additional pictures that are pretty convincing.

Man I wish it was me!!

But, I do question where they were found.  We do not know who found them yet so it is only my speculation.

But : 
  •  If you find a multi million dollar cache on public property guess who is going to claim it--That State or the County
  •  If you find a multi million dollar cache on someone else's private property- guess who will claim it.  The owner of the property
  • So where is the safest place to find a multi million dollar cache? -- ON YOUR OWN PROPERTY!!
So regardless of where it was found and what story goes with it, it is a wonderful find!

I love the fact it was found as it gives us all hope that maybe someday we will get lucky (most of us won't-but we can dream)

But it will not surprise me if it turns out that some one states they gave permission to so and so and then someone files a lawsuit etc etc.

Man --What a treasure!!

Here is a interview-- kind of interesting reading.  I hope they did find them on their property and that they never have to hassle with anyone --other than Uncle Sam.

http://saddleridgehoard.com/interview/
Great pics, Ron, I haven't seen those before. Yeah, seeing the coins in the cans, all the dirt, rust...more convincing.

Honestly, this is a good moment for us here in the states. Every other minute there seems to be some huge cache or treasure chest being dug up across the pond. Kinda happy it happened over here for a change Yes

Joe
BTW, has anybody thought about or broached this subject yet...

That's an INSANE amount of money...obviously. But, even back THEN this was a freakin fortune. I mean, a barber dime could've bought a person a lunch or a few beers back in those days. So, aside from it being the profits from a mining operation, or, the savings of a wealthy land owner or something, there's a VERY strong possibility this loot might've been hot, IMO. That's what way I'm leaning on this. What's your two cents?

Joe
hey Joe,Im leaning torward its someones savings...they where grouped together by years.
Well the plot thickens--I knew the gubmint would start figuring out an angle to take the loot before long.

Convenient how they remember a theft from 1902
http://www.ablxboston.com/national/42745...-find.html

It's interesting history if nothing else.
(03-01-2014 08:00 PM)Dusty Wrote: [ -> ]Well the plot thickens--I knew the gubmint would start figuring out an angle to take the loot before long.

Convenient how they remember a theft from 1902
http://www.ablxboston.com/national/42745...-find.html

It's interesting history if nothing else.

Absolutely amazing. Uncle Sam is the REAL highway robber! It never ends. Leave these poor people alone & let them enjoy their newfound wealth. They're idiots for letting it get out in the public, but, I would think 'finder keepers' would suffice after 130 years or so!

P.S. - My theory I posted above about this being stolen loot seems to be gaining traction. This is an enormous amount of money, and would have been a GARGANTUAN amount back in those days!!! Outside of the relatively few wealthy land owners or rich prospectors, IMO, I cannot believe one person could've accumulated this...by legal means.

Joe
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's