Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: large cent from 2012
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Here's a pic of my fifth large cent I have ever found, I found it in 2012 on the mojave trail here in California.
Man Leo, that's in remarkably good shape on the reverse. Were you able to rid it of any of that corrosion on the obverse? Nice find!
I left the coin just as I found it. It was my oldest coin in 2012
Sweet Leo. Five is great for California!Way to go!!
Way to go that coin is sweet
That's an impeccable large cent! Most of them come out here looking like a deep fried turd. Just curious, Leo, on average, how deep would you say the older coins are out your way? Here in NJ/NY, you'd be very hard pressed finding anything old shallow than 6" or 7" in most spots.

Joe
Leo

that's an excellent large cent find!

It happens to be the 1830 "Medium Letters" variety (notice the isolation of the letters around the edge on the reverse) "United States Of America" and how they don't touch the Rim of the coin VS the large letter variety where they do touch the rim.

From the looks of the cond. if you clean the crud off but keep the patina from coming off -

it's a $150 to $250 coin depending on exact cond.

The Medium letters variety is far more scarce than the Large letters variety!

Nice Job!

HH
Michigan, you got some damn good eyes! You're like the Rain Man of coins, lol. Did you call that off the top of your head, or, are you a copper freak? Awesome call Yes I'm lucky I can see ANY lettering at all through my coke bottle glasses Cool

Joe
Thanks michigan! And everyone else.
(02-26-2014 10:16 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Michigan, you got some damn good eyes! You're like the Rain Man of coins, lol. Did you call that off the top of your head, or, are you a copper freak? Awesome call Yes I'm lucky I can see ANY lettering at all through my coke bottle glasses Cool

Joe

LoL

Joe

I was a full time coin dealer for over a decade but have been a collector, buyer, seller, trader for 35 yrs (since I was 15 basically).

I have a good knowledge of coins as for varieties, grades, etc.

I don't claim to be an "expert" but I do know a lot about a lot of coin types - 

I specialize in large coppers, bust coins (especially 1/2s), and morgan dollars but it doesn't stop there - those are just my favs and I have an eye for those more so than others

I have tons of books for both coins and tokens and I also have a few button books
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's