Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Forrest Fenn Hunter Arrested
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So that treasure chest old Forrest supposedly buried somewhere filled with gold, is stirring up all kinds of mayhem, lol. Some whacknut got arrested for digging up a huge hole under a descanso...right outside the headquarters of the State Game Commission. People, I couldn't make this stuff up. Indeed, sometimes truth is stranger than fiction.

http://m.santafenewmexican.com/news/loca...l?mode=jqm

Joe
Treasure Fever! lol. Over here in the Metroparks we can't even go in "the woods" detecting. We'll disturb the natural flora and fauna. We can go walk around in the them, but don't let a Ranger catch you with a detector. This Sante Fe event goes to show how dumb some people can be. If Fenn was to bury such, how did he bury it there, under the scrutiny the authorities? As the saying goes, it takes all kinds.
(02-26-2014 02:18 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Treasure Fever! lol. Over here in the Metroparks we can't even go in "the woods" detecting. We'll disturb the natural flora and fauna. We can go walk around in the them, but don't let a Ranger catch you with a detector. This Sante Fe event goes to show how dumb some people can be. If Fenn was to bury such, how did he bury it there, under the scrutiny the authorities? As the saying goes, it takes all kinds.

Treasure fever is right! LMAO! Look, I stand firmly for detectorists rights. No give & take. I've posted many times about this through the years. Aside from historic sites, national landmarks, cemeteries, private properties, etc., I feel it's my right to dig anywhere I see fit. Why? First, I'm a taxpayer, and I should be able to enjoy a public facility as much as the next guy. Second...

We're simply adventurous history nuts looking for old coins & relics. We're not holding cockfighting contests. We're not walking into a park and scrawling graffiti on the wall. If we can honestly say we leave the ground as good as it was beforehand AND help to retrieve trash, what's the problem?! However...

The idiot in the article is a complete jackass. Digging under a memorial cross, that I'm sure was put there fairly recent & must be extremely manicured?!?! Dumb. Doing it right outside the office for the State Game commission?!?! Priceless, lol.

Man, if I was out west anywhere near the area that huge gold cache was found in, I'd be swinging 24/7 like a madman digging every signal!

Joe
wow that's nuts!!!!!!!
Forrest Fen is a self promoting book salesman---nuff said
(04-01-2014 10:39 AM)Dusty Wrote: [ -> ]Forrest Fen is a self promoting book salesman---nuff said

You may be right, Dusty. We'll never know. It certainly WOULD be a great way to help some some books, eh? Wink

Joe
I agree with Joe. As I teach my kids to use the Metal Detector I also teach them to respect property and leave no mess as long as we do not destroy properties and respect personal property we should be able to dig anywhere we please on public Land.
What a maroon.
As Forrest Gump said.... Stupid is as Stupid does !  Headbang

Public Land like True Intelligence is fading quickly these days. Shake
Reference URL's