Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Could You Imagine...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This thought popped into my head the other day...

Can you guys imagine if someone ever detected that property before where that huge cache was found, and walked away with nothing, or even relatively little? Obviously, he or she would've gotten word of this already by knowing the owners, and I'm sure they're miserable about it. 

Could you imagine missing a fortune by mere feet?

I would've probably walked right passed the target since it would've surely been an overload, lol.

Joe
Maybe we already have walked by one! Years ago I would hit an old park in the early morning before work. I used the Sovereign,and normally only cherrypicked the deep faint hightones.  I was leaving and wanted one last signal...and get a loud,shallow quarter hit...except turned out it wasnt shallow...I popped up a SLQ,barber half and walker half out of the hole.  This signal was out in an open area of a hard hit park....guess others thought it was trash or didnt want to mess with clad?? Anyway,ya never know!
We probably have walked by them. I know I hit overload spots all the time and get pretty tired of digging up old 4 inch chunks of cast pipe, broken chunks of manhole covers, abandoned irrigation water bibs, etc.... (One time I found a shopping cart, for God's sake...) I know how you feel and sometimes you just have to go with a hunch that something other than "large iron/brass objects" are down there. But as Joe theorized, yes, hearing that news on the tube and having been there detecting and giving it up as a false or overload would bring to me one of those "S.. of a B...." moments we all regret. I just bought a used SE Pro and my thoughts were to go and hunt "undiscovered territory", (sarc.), but when reality set in I realized I better go over the stuff I already did and see what I missed. (......If eye ownlee had a braynn.)Blushing
I like digging overloads.  The first time I took my T2 out in my yard I got a big overload hit.  I dug out a length of old rusty chain probably from an old swingset.  I swept over the area again and dug a silver Washington.  If I didn't pull out that chain the silver quarter would still be there.  You never know what that overload is or what it is hiding.  That's why I like overloads.
(03-02-2014 07:06 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ] You never know what that overload is or what it is hiding.  That's why I like overloads.

I think you bring about an important point in that maybe it was hid purposely and something was left over it as a marker. I've never considered that but will from now on. Although in re-swings I've done in the past I've come up mostly empty with the exception of more of the same. I guess you just have to keep on keeping on.Yes
that's why I'm going to dig everything junk or not I'm diggin
I agree Robbie but when you get to be my age you start cross sweeping the target for more than just a few times because after four or five hours of hunting you sometimes wonder if you can get back up off your knees and make it to the truck! LOLSad
Reference URL's