Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: out in the rain today.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Its been raining three days strait so far,had to get out, wore a heavy rain jacket and covered my machine with a plastic bag. Went to a local lot. Had a good three hours, found 5 wheats (oldest a 28-s) 1948-d rosie and found another G.C.Sawtell token (last one sold on E-bay for $100.00) my 4th one also found 2 state tokens,a AYSO soccer medallion and a 70s motorcycle plate.thanks for lookin!
Pretty damn good for a tot lot, Leo Yes I used to hunt playgrounds a LOT back in the day, and aside from one or two gold pieces, never found anything old...although it was mainly the yellow we were after anyways. If you're finding wheats at a tot lot, there might be more silver hiding aside from that Rosie Happy

Joe
Good finds like the token. a rainy day is better than snow and 18 below zero
Hope you can get out soon
Joe,it was a lot where an old home used to be, now just a dirt lot with lots of junk in it.
Real good finds. Ha, Leo, that soccer medallion was probably attached to a ribbon as a team award for winning a tourney. I've never found one like that but I have found the ref heads and tails tokens which are a tad bigger than half dollars. I was surprised to find that some of those tokens are worth as much as they are too. Good hunt. Hope you guys don't get flooded out now. Sheesh, from the frying pan into the fire. What machine did you use?[attachment=1258]
Nice huntin Leo.  Man I wish it would rain.
you done well.......Yes
Nothing wrong with tot lots! I try to hit at least one every time I'm out detecting Happy Nice find!
Detecting in heavy rain is a sure sign you're hardcore! heh
Looks like it paid off!
Congrats on that token - always cool to find any old tokens.
Just sold that old token on E-bay for $100.00.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's