Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Who can mod a Sov?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know a person that can mod a Sov with a waterproof case? I'd also like to get the digital meter, too. Price isn't an issue, I just want someone good that stands by their work. If ya know, let me know Happy

Joe
I saw this somewhere in my ether travels recently. If it comes past me again I'll grab it.
Dont know if he WANTS to Joe, but Paul is the man.(old california)
(03-16-2014 10:26 AM)deathray Wrote: [ -> ]Dont know if he WANTS to Joe, but Paul is the man.(old california)

Yeah, I PM'd him over on Tom's forum a few months ago. VERY nice guy, but, was just inundated with a million projects at the time and couldn't do it. It's on hold now anyways. Spring is here, ground is thaw & I've got bigger fish to fry. Beach season ain't until another month or two, so, I'll get'r done later Yes

Joe
Joe what you talking beach season is here now. I seen where some guys were in the river detecting like 30 miles from my house last weekend and they found a gold ring.
Frozen ground and 2 feet os snow weather was 27 degrees and they were in the water. Crazy 
I hear you just go get a Excalibur its the same thing but no meter.
I always wanted to have a whites MXT made into a water machine it would be a killer
(03-17-2014 07:37 PM)Steveo Wrote: [ -> ]Joe what you talking beach season is here now. I seen where some guys were in the river detecting like 30 miles from my house last weekend and they found a gold ring.

Technically, in my case, you're right, Steve, as I HATE hunting during peak beach season. Too crowded. I like night hunting or early spring/fall. Yes, I miss the fresh drops, however, I don't have to deal with the wiseass comments & dirty looks from strangers. 

It's a trade-off though, as this too is the best time to hunt all of the wooded areas that are overgrown & buggy in the Summer. Couple all that with the beaches being about a 45 minute drive away, and I think I'll concentrate on some woods this spring Wink

Joe
Hi Joe,

Wish I could be of help with the Sovereign waterproof mod, Have done several waterproof mods in the past one was a Sovereign using a Whites BeachHunter housing with same BeachHunter battery 12-volt tray.

It's allot of work, Waterproof pots, waterproof headset and cable connectors need to be waterproof but at the end it's well worth the hassle.

Getting older by the day and changed careers so it's extremely difficult for me to take these chances can't stay focused for long periods anymore, Once in a while will hit a mod I have on the books for a particular detector but that's about all I do now.  Do have a GT have been working on lately she's almost done, Just need to make a smaller meter assembly for the Patriot meter then it will be completed.

About the best bet is getting the Excalibur or a CTX 3030, Hope all works out for you.

You take care Joe,
Paul (Ca)
Reference URL's