Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: New member
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, im scott harrison
Im 30 year old and saving for my first detector . Im saving for the garrett ace 250 . Due to good reviews . 
Cant wait to one day start detecting
Welcome to the forum from Pittsburgh PA.
Hi, Scott Happy Welcome to our community, and more importantly, this addiction we call metal detecting, lol.

The Ace series are very good units to get your feet wet! Most important advice I will give you as a newcomer is this, if you want to find the 'good' stuff, it all comes down to...

1. Knowing what your machine is telling you, so, DIG EVERY SIGNAL for the first few months.

2. Site selection is KEY. Doesn't matter if someone has a $2,000 machine. If you're hitting spots with no history, you aren't going to find much. Really work hard to ferret out good spots. Drive around often, talk to older friends & relatives who know the area, read old books & magazines. Research is uber important.

We're here to help, and answer any questions you may have Wink

BTW, we're having a drawing for a Tesoro Outlaw metal detector. It's free to get your guess in. Just make sure to have 25 posts by the time of the drawing, and you're all good. You might get lucky!!!

Joe
Welcome Scott Harrison Hope you will have a good time on the site i'm also a new member Happy
(03-10-2014 07:05 AM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to the forum from Pittsburgh PA.

Can you explain more about this competion please im very interested
Welcome from NE Ohio "Scottoh"! Take a look at the forum index under the heading "Contests & Giveaways". The guys here on this site will give you some of the help you'll need but as Joe infers, time in the field with your detector is the best learning experience. Once you get the hang of it you'll be glad you did.
Yes, what Ohio said Happy Look under the Contests section, and read the post on our new contest. Just pick a number, and get your 25 posts in before the drawing in a May, and you're good to go Yes

This is a GREAT community, with a good mix of newcomers & veterans, so, anything you need help with, just shout.

Joe
Welcome to the forum, from North New Jersey !
Welcome scott I am from Wisconsin where it snow, You will like the Ace 250 it is a good machine if you set it right , Happy Hunting Steve
When you say 25 posts , can that be replies ? Or are posts threads ?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's