Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: A club member's find
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[attachment=1291]

This was found by a member of the club I belong too. It is in April Western & Eastern Treasure Mag.18th Century British Plate
Technically, I was there when it was dug. I had to go see a friend of mine in Fairlawn on a Saturday or Sunday. As I'm driving by that old house that I used to pass everyday on my way to work, I glanced to my left & saw about 10 guys swinging detectors while I have my son in the car with me. Thought I was having an acid trip. I circle back around, park my car, get out and I see Joe swinging a CTX in the front yard. Nice guy. Anyways, the story I heard (not sure how true it is), is that the finder threw a fit & didn't want to give that back, per the club rules since it was a donation hunt where everyone had to turn in their finds, lol. That's a MAJOR HISTORICALLY RELEVANT FIND! Things like that NEED to be unearthed and properly researched & displayed for all to enjoy. Kudos to him on finding it Yes

Joe
That is a sweet find!!  

Everything on that page is a sweet find!!
Reference URL's