Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: My first hunt 2014
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tuesday was my birthday so I took off work and went detecting. The ground was totally thawed. Easy diggin. Only found four coins. One wheat(1941), one dime, two zincs. But I did find two round balls, some other bullets and shells, a cheap cross pendant, a 60s pulltab, a rusty ring, and a big pile of junk. This was my first hunt with the M6 that I just got. I was using the 6×10 DD coil. There are so many hot rocks around here. The M6 really lets me know. Is there a detector that can see through the rocks? Was good to finally get back out there and swing a coil. I love it.
Keep at it,looks like there should be a silver around there some where,with that kind of stuff comeing out of the ground.
Not bad for the first hunt of the year, Will. Hey, ya gotta warm up first...literally AND figuratively after this winter!

The 'round things' look like musket balls. They appear oxidized (white) under the dirt in your photo, which generally comes with age, so, they're definitely older. Just going by that alone, I'm guessing the site is quite dated...which means, as Leo stated, there's probably old coins there, too Wink

Ground is alllllllllllmost thawed here. And it can't come soon enough!

BTW, I ran with an MXT for many years, which is basically a souped up M6. The 6X10's are PHENOMENAL coils. I never took mine off of my machine, partly due to laziness, but, mostly due to the fact that I didn't have to, cause it was so damn hot! The MXT had a digital VDI readout, and aside from numbers, Hot Rock would come up a lot. Of course, we all know VDI's lie...especially at greater depths, so, keep that in mind and go by tone instead. However, the MXT was very good on calling hot rocks. So, I'm guessing the M6 will too Happy Those M6's are HOT machines. And White's customer service is pretty much second-to-none Yes

Joe
I see a wheat! Then there must be silver there! And a whole bunch of some interesting stuff. Nice to see you got out Will. Is that some sort of cuff link or button I see?
(03-13-2014 11:05 AM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]I see a wheat! Then there must be silver there! And a whole bunch of some interesting stuff. Nice to see you got out Will. Is that some sort of cuff link or button I see?

Yeah there is silver around. I have found it there before. I think I need to use a smaller coil though. Alot of hot rocks and iron junk everywhere. Next time I think I will use the T2 and 5". I don't know what the button/cufflink looking thing is.
Yes Will that 5" would do good I'm sure. I'm going to take out my 8x6 SEF next time I'm over at the park and see what happens. Lotta trash there too. I re thunk that cuff link/button thing and think it may be the female end of a rivet for a leather snap closure. Like on old holster flaps and some horse tack. I'll look around and see.
Man I bet it feels good to be swinging! Thawed ground is almost here where I am it's so close I'm going stir crazy with a bad case of spring detecting fever!!
(03-15-2014 04:50 PM)PAunderground Wrote: [ -> ]Man I bet it feels good to be swinging! Thawed ground is almost here where I am it's so close I'm going stir crazy with a bad case of spring detecting fever!!

It doea feel good to get out there again. I was out yesterday and found a spot with frozen ground still. I got a nice hit and dug about four inches and hit solid ice. That target is still there. I went back to where the sun shines more.
wow you have been buys there. well done. keep it up......Yes
Reference URL's