Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Me and the boy at the park
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Tuesday evening I took my son to the park. We took his little Bounty Hunter Jr with us. The weather was beautiful and the playground was filled with kids so he just wanted to play. I found a seat on a bench and watched all the kids play. When I said it was time to go he suddenly wanted to detect. Of course I could not pass up this opportunity. We got away from the hoard of children and detected for about an hour before the sun was fading over the horizon. We had fun taking turns swinging, digging, and pinpointing. That little beep dig detector is fun. It's the one that got me hooked. You know I think it was designed by the famous David Johnson.
You know, not much else can beat a father & son enjoying time together...but if it involves detecting, EVEN BETTER Yes How old is your boy? My son is 4.5, and the only time he went digging with me, he was more fascinated by the worms in the ground than anything else, lol. I look forward to sharing this hobby with him one day, if he's interested. I should be old & weary by the time he's big enough to dig, so, at least I'll have someone to do the manual labor for me, Will Happy

Joe
My boy Og is six. Will be seven in August. He got the BH Jr for his fifth birthday. He saw the Whites commercials on TV and wanted a detector. That's how my habit began.
Those dag gone Whites commercials seem to get EVERYBODY! Lol. I've been detecting on & off since I was a kid, but, I too seriously got into it about 10 years ago after seeing the Whites commercial. I've always had the bug, but, I had a great schedule back then, and could devote a lot of time to the hobby. From then on, it was all downhill. The needle was in my arm for good. You know you're hopelessly addicted when you schedule real life responsibilities around poking through the dirt looking for loose change Tongue

Joe
Don't forget the pulltabs. I love digging pulltabs. They sound amazing on the M6 too. I'm guessing gold would sound the same.
Im glad to hear you guys detecting with your sons! I statted with my son when he was 5. My wife used to call him my shadow. Back then,alot of us from the kinzli forum would get together for big group hunts at Golden Gate Park, or the famous bottle dig in Oakland...and he was always in tow. He ended up with the nickname Mudray. Lately he has the bug again...BAD! And at 18, hes no longer my shadow,but now a hard working man that makes me proud...and he is still my best friend. Sorry to ramble on, but I sincerely hope you guys enjoy the same experiences with your sons. Ray
That's awesome Ray. Sounds like you raised a great kid.
Well it sounds like you are too Will! This country would be so much better if everyone did their part to raise their kids. Theres a line in that movie Boyz in the hood..."Any man with a d--- can be a father,it takes a real man to be a Dad".
(03-14-2014 01:01 AM)deathray Wrote: [ -> ]Well it sounds like you are too Will! This country would be so much better if everyone did their part to raise their kids. Theres a line in that movie Boyz in the hood..."Any man with a d--- can be a father,it takes a real man to be a Dad".

Hahaha, right on, brother! Reminds me of a funny story...

I used to live out in Cali back in the late 90's. I was seeing this chick out there at the time, and we got to swapping dating stories. Anyway...

She told me she went on a date with this Mexican dude. I think she said you guys call them chulo's out there or something, lol. While on the date this punk tells her she's gotta see something. So, he proceeds to whip out his snake, and on his anatomy he has a tattoo that read "Babymaker". 

Is that sad, or what?!?! Guess he thought it was like a badge of honor Tongue

Joe
oh Jeez!! Cholos,lol.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's