Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Northeast Detecting Meetup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A member PM'd me & suggested a Treasure Classifieds group hunt. The idea is awesome, and I'm going to try & work on that for the future, however, between getting access to a great hunting spot, planning the logistics, etc., it wouldn't happen anytime soon, what with all I have on my plate. However, if anyone isn't too far from NJ (PA, CT, NY, etc.), maybe we can plan a mini meetup over the Summer. We can pick a good location with lots of venues to detect, all book rooms in the same motel for maybe a 3 day weekend, and just detect. Oh yeah, we get to leave those nagging women at home for a few days too Tongue Maybe sometime in June before the weather starts to get brutally hot & all the critters come out. Maybe you guys in other states can do something similar, until we have a full blown TC hunt one day Yes

Joe
You know what?  I'm not against coming out there.  I know I'm halfway across the country but it would be good for me to get out with some other hunters.  I am usually out alone and when I go with other people it's because I let one of my buddies use one of my detectors.  When that happens all I do is coach (not that it's bad, just takes away from hunting).  If you can let me know a good month in advance, I'll come out and spend a weekend with y'all!  I'd love it!
That would be freakin awesome, SLC! Lemme round up some other guys & try to secure an old property we can hit, and then we'll go from there. As that wise old sage Hannibal from the A-Team used to say; "I love it when a plan comes together!" Happy

Joe
Of course someone may have to be my driver so I can save some money on a car!  I was in NY/NJ a few months ago.  I have accounts in Newton and Secaucus (?) and a few in Manhattan.  Great times but the $ doesn't stretch as far there as it does here.
I'm 5 minutes from Secaucus Happy If you make it back before we can plan something, let me know in advance. We'll paint the town red!!!

Joe
Reference URL's