Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Finally Thawed :)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Today was the first official hunt of 2014 Happy Ground has FINALLY thawed here in NJ. Only able to get out for about 2.5 hours, but, managed to snag a few decent keepers...

*2 Ringer Bullet
*Santa Clause store token from Wanamaker's Dept. Store in NYC, circa the 1940's or so. This is the second one I've found over the years. Mine is beat-up. Here's a link with a better looking version: http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=200967171558
*A solid lead bar that someone fashioned into a fishing sinker. Etched "Monotype" on it. Company was the original developer of modern typefaces.
*2 Injuns - 1902 & 1892

And the requisite junk, lol. Sooooooooo good to get out after many months Yes

Joe
Good to hear the ground is thawed. I like them indians. Were you hunting near a fishin hole? I ask because I found a sinker in the park once that was nowhere near any water. You never know where you might find something.
Way to go Joe!  That is awesome!
Well Congats Joe! Nice IH's. Finally, after all these months. A bullet too! Whoohoo!
I went out for 2 hours before sunset and got ZIP! Except for pull tabs and foil. That 8x6 SEF is real squeaky in real wet ground. Going out tomorrow and Sunday with the 12x10 SEF. Less noise. LOL!!!
(03-14-2014 08:22 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Well Congats Joe! Nice IH's. Finally, after all these months. A bullet too! Whoohoo!
I went out for 2 hours before sunset and got ZIP!  Except for pull tabs and foil. That 8x6 SEF is real squeaky in real wet ground. Going out tomorrow and Sunday with the 12x10 SEF. Less noise. LOL!!!

Less noise? Can I trade it in for my wife??? Tongue

Joe
good finds you don't have to worry about me I still have atleast a month till thaw
Joe.
Can she cook??????
I got a sandwich and a bowl of hot soup from my lady,Shocked
Nice indians joe,Congrats!
That's a nice first hunt of the year! I like digging Indians. Glad to see you got out finally. Winter is still hanging around here in upstate PA getting pretty cold at night. The ground thaws a couple inches during the day and freezes back up over night. As soon as I get home from work everyday I go stick a shovel in the ground to see if I can dig yet most thawed it's been is about 3". Sad hopefully by this time next week I can get out.
you done well there..Yes
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's