Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: More Categories?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Diggers, I've gotten a couple of suggestions on adding new categories and subcategories. I don't mind the idea at all...matter of fact, I like it a lot. However...

The reason I started this community with fewer categories is, I wanted to avoid having 50 or 60 categories, and they aren't used, ie; members won't post in them. Does us no good to have more space with no information in them. So...

If you guys want other categories, now is the time to step up & say so Happy

People have asked for sub categories on the different make & model of detectors, types of finds (coins, relics, gold, etc.) and a few others. Please, let me know what YOU want, as this is YOUR community. As long as you guys can make sure the space is filled if I put it in, I don't mind at all.

Joe
Yes joe I think a few more categories would work but you are right I have been on some sites that just have tons of catagories and they do not get used then the sites die as everyone loses interest as they cannot find anything. At least with less catagories the ones we got get fuller I don't mind looking around in them for a post
Maybe use a system . The least used groups get deleted or hidden to minimise the amount of threads ? 
It might work .
Only 2 replies to my question. Hmmm...

Either people are gun shy about speaking up, or, nobody gives a darn about new categories. In that case...

Since I'm not a mind reader & don't know which is which, guess it'll stay the same for now. Just so you're all aware...

I DO have an open door policy, so, feel free to PM me any suggestions at any time. Remember, this is YOUR site, people Happy

Joe
I prefer less catagories. It makes everyone mingle more I think.
So far I don't see this forum as much as a participatory one for people but as a service , and a terrific one at that. Depends on what you want it to turn into I guess. I drop the website name where ever I can
Right now I don't see sufficient traffic to warrant more topics , but you could also argue more topics would increase activity I suppose , although I think you'd lose the argument. Happy
I'm new to all this forum stuff ... for my silver hammered pennies worth.. I don't fix anything that isn't broke... It looks in good fine working order so don't need the repair man out...
I personally like it the way it is because it gets right to the point. Example: show and tell is for finds... I like seeing all finds coins,jewelry,relics, and so on. To see them all I just click one link I don't have to go into 7 different pages on the site to check out all kinds of finds. That being said I really enjoy this site and I'm not going to dislike it if you add more to it.
I will be on here just to buy and sell so I can't see adding any more either. I like it nice and simple so it is easier to navigate personally
I do like the forum the way it is but maybe a brands category would be cool. That way people could compare settings and techniques etc for their specific detector. I often look at people finds and wonder what setup they use.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's