Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Ace250
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all, Q: is it worth buying 8.5x11" DD coil and using it on Ace250? And what diff. it would make?
If your using a concentric now, imagine the field it produces below the coil a hemisphere (say half of an imaginary basketball) where the field strength is greatest at the mid lowest center of the space. And that strength, or outward movement to the edge of the half sphere, is governed by the sensitivity setting.

With a DD coil you have two ellipse spheres conjoining through the forward and rear of the center of the coil. They engineer them to use this projected elliptical field "blade" to be sensitive somewhat equally at all points in the field.

So with a concentric you are getting general information through the software about what's under the coil and a strong signal "centered" on a hot target.

With a DD coil you are thinning and deepening the projection of the field "throughout" its span, therefore being more specific to targets at all sensitivity settings.

The answer is yes. A "DD" is a far better coil to use on ANY machine that can accept them. But it'll take you a few turns to get used to it. Especially
pinpointing. But it's an ideal a coil to have. I'll post a drawing so it's a little more clear than all of the above gobbledygook.

IMHO

Here vasil. Here's a drawing. Concentric center of sensitivity varies per manufacture.
DD configuration is similar to the drawing but I think you'll get the idea.
[attachment=1340]
Good answer. I agree the DD coils make a big difference. When I used my F2 and I got the 11"DD coil for it it was an amazing difference
Ohio & Pittsburgh, thank you for providing the helpful replies for, Vasil Yes "The true measure of a man isn't based on what he has, but what he gives" Wink Appreciate you guys taking the time to provide quality input!

Joe
Thank you guys for your time on explaining it to me.Will deff. have to get DD.Yes
No problem Vasil. Good luck with it when you get it. You'll see the difference.
Yep.  You can't go wrong with the Double Ds.
I use the 250 a lot with newbies to the hobby. I have tried the stock coil for a few months but must agree the DD is the way to go. a lot better response from clients using the machine from stock to DD. They say it feels better balance wise. Who am I to complain they pay me....LOL
So i got my 8.5x11 DD coil for Ace250, now have to wait for good weather

We still have like foot of snow some places.... and too wet
WHERE IS THE BEST PLACE TO PURCHASE ONE?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's