Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: First trip of the year!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
After one of the worse winters in years,it finally got warm enough to get out detecting.Joe and I hit a park we have had great finds in the past and it just keeps giving.My first silver of the day was a 1915 barber quarter in mint cond only about 6 inches deep.I also found a 1941 Washington quarter and a 61rosy.The craziest coin is a 1943 three pence Australian coin also silver,two pieces of silver jewelry a silver maple leaf from niagra falls and a mini sterling cross .It was a great day and there will be more to come! Happy hunting !!!
Nice going, Tony! I was wondering whether you were going to post, lol. Fantastic day Yes Glad I listened to you about that section Happy Can't wait till next weekend!!!

Joe
Sweet Barber Fluke!!!! Hope the winter from hell is behind you now!!
great job fluke I cannot believe there were quarters and rings left there if you two killed it there last year
(03-16-2014 09:35 PM)Steveo Wrote: [ -> ]great job fluke I cannot believe there were quarters and rings left there if you two killed it there last year

Spring thaw Wink Pushes up all the goodies about this time every year...that were just out of reach last year. Besides, doesn't matter how much we kill it, BIG place. Nobody can get everything, my friend Yes

Joe
Way to go Fluke! Your now 3 ahead of me, five with that little cross and leaf. Joe said you killed it out there. I got a whole week to catch up. Worried
Beautiful Barber tony! Hope I can get out with you and Joe next Weekend. Gerry
Awesome hunt.  Man that's alot of silver.  What's the big dirty one?
(03-16-2014 10:42 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome hunt.  Man that's alot of silver.  What's the big dirty one?

We're not sure, Will. When he dug it, we thought it was a large cent, but, that's not it. It's a copper coin or token of some sort, however, we're leaning towards a token. There appears to be a faint date of 18 hundred something though.

Joe
(03-16-2014 10:00 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-16-2014 09:35 PM)Steveo Wrote: [ -> ]great job fluke I cannot believe there were quarters and rings left there if you two killed it there last year

Spring thaw Wink Pushes up all the goodies about this time every year...that were just out of reach last year. Besides, doesn't matter how much we kill it, BIG place. Nobody can get everything, my friend Yes

Joe

must be a great spot, keep hitting it
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's