Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: NiZn batteries?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone use the NiZn batteries in their detectors? If so, how do they work?
Will,

I actually never heard of them until you brought it up. Here's wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nickel%E2%8...nc_battery

Seems fully charged they are higher voltage (1.6 v) in the AA and AAA categories. I don't know what that means for the circuitry of our detectors but I'm sure it's ok for toys and flashlights or equipment categorized for that specific voltage. I know the AA NiMH batteries I use only peak at 1.42 to 1.46 volts on my voltmeter (Sanyo eneloop 2,500mah) fully charged. I'd shoot this question to the manufacturer of your machine and get an answer from them before I pushed the voltage over 1.5.

If they don't object then I'd say they are a good alternative to the eneloops as an 8 pack of eneloops is ~$31. I just started using the eneloops in my battery packs and with 6 hours of use and then about 1/2 hour of changing settings at home, my battery meter on the SE Pro still shows about an 80% charge. I don't know how fast that will fall with use. I'll keep an eye on it and report back.

Ohio
I was thinking of getting a four pack of these to try in my T2. I have read on other forums of people using them and liking them. They weren't using Teknetics though.
Well if you contact Teknetics, call them. I found them to be horrible answering emails through their contact page.
Reference URL's