Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: What's Your Day Job?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I had this question up a while back when the site first launched, but, we have a ton of new members now, so, wanted to learn more about you guys. What do you do for your real job?

I've been in sales my whole life. Always peddling something. Most of my background is in janitorial supplies; degreasers, floor zorb, ice & snow melt, etc. I know, fascinating, right?! Tongue I've also sold advertising, as well. 

What about ya'll?

Joe
I have been in sales for most of my life as well.  I managed a collections team for CenturyLink (phone co.) for a few years.  My blood line is Sicilian so there was always the joke, "Don't wanna pay ya bills? We'll send Frankie over and he'll crack some skulls."
Now I manage some the largest Classic and Exotic car dealerships in the world. 
Fun job. Love the cars and the accounts I work with.
(03-17-2014 10:58 PM)SLCdigger Wrote: [ -> ]I have been in sales for most of my life as well.  I managed a collections team for CenturyLink (phone co.) for a few years.  My blood line is Sicilian so there was always the joke, "Don't wanna pay ya bills? We'll send Frankie over and he'll crack some skulls."
Now I manage some the largest Classic and Exotic car dealerships in the world. 
Fun job. Love the cars and the accounts I work with.

Must be fun tooling around in those demos, huh, SLC? Wink Does your place rent the exotics out, or, strictly for sales?

Joe
Thats cool SLC!!  What are we talking about as far as classics?? Im a mopar fan myself,love the old muscle cars . Now all I own is trucks,lol.

Well, guess most of the regulars here know Im a roofer...Roofing contractor to be specific,but Im much more at home installing roofs than doing the business end,so just call myself a roofer,lol.
The dealerships sell the vehicles online, I help them get everything up and running and help them close the deals.  I only get to see the once or twice a year. Sadly, I don't get to drive them much. 

Ray, any car you can think of it is being sold.  Mopar is awesome.  I'm a huge road runner fan.  Love the old Cuda's.  I don't own a Mopar, I do have a Mustang GT, 74 Chevy pickup that I've been slowly restoring for about 10 years.
Beer I am currently a manager(kitchen) at a local saloon.  I've been working in bars so long now that I don't even remember how to do anything else.
(03-17-2014 11:35 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]Beer I am currently a manager(kitchen) at a local saloon.  I've been working in bars so long now that I don't even remember how to do anything else.

The Duke, John Wayne. One of my heroes. He was a legendary hellraiser. The man could drink 10 men under the table. He spent a LOT of time in saloons, lol. I'll never forget a famous line of his...

"There's never a bad time for a good bar fight" Happy

Joe
(03-17-2014 11:41 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-17-2014 11:35 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]Beer I am currently a manager(kitchen) at a local saloon.  I've been working in bars so long now that I don't even remember how to do anything else.

The Duke, John Wayne. One of my heroes. He was a legendary hellraiser. The man could drink 10 men under the table. He spent a LOT of time in saloons, lol. I'll never forget a famous line of his...

"There's never a bad time for a good bar fight" Happy

Joe

I used to drink like that too.  Can't anymore.  Next month will be two years sober for me.  It was a heluva ride though.
Right on Will!! Knew there was something about ya,lol. May 6,1990 for me. Funny how used to be couldnt imagine life without alcohol,now cant imagine being drunk!
(03-18-2014 12:21 AM)deathray Wrote: [ -> ]Right on Will!! Knew there was something about ya,lol. May 6,1990 for me. Funny how used to be couldnt imagine life without alcohol,now cant imagine being drunk!

Yep. Funny how that happens huh
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's