Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Make Your Own Detector?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Guys, I'm sure everyone has heard of 3D printing. It is UNBELIEVABLE what can be made...in a PRINTER!!! Tools, clothing, jewelry, body parts, it's incredible stuff. Wondering if anyone has seen or heard about a detector being made this way? It should be able to do it with no problem. Imagine this...

Drawing up a schematic of your dream detector, inputting the information into the machine, and the printer spits out the parts for assembly!

Joe
Well. IMHO... First you gotta buy the printer. Then design the detector. Then work out all the bugs. Well..... How much did you say that CTX was?

I'm sure that some day mankind will see one of those microwave oven thingies they had on Star Trek where you asked it for "Tea, Earl Gray, Hot." and there it appears. But that'll be a ways off.

It's amazing what they can do with those printers though. A totally new market has opened up for imagination and creativity with them. I kind of liken it to CNC programmed machining and robotic welding and assembly.
good thoughts let me know how that works out lol
Those 3d printers are coming down in price.  It would be cool to dream up something and print it out!
Reference URL's