Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Beaches & Benches & Walls
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Another six hours today yielded a very small silver ring, no markings, $2.83 in clad and one barely legible 1925 or 26 wheat. Spent the afternoon at a quarry swimming hole with the SE. Had the sensitivity turned way down to 14 at one point, practiced with Ferrous and Conductive sounds. Ran Smartscreen with masking preset and Digital. Preferred digital and checked it with Smartscreen, (if that sounds crazy, so be it) 3 hours with the 12x10, 3 hours with the 8x6. Most of the clad (1.60) was dimes, with the 8x6, and most of them were on end not flat in the hole. So I must be learning something cause I killed the place over the last 2 years with the Delta. Some junk, including a chunk of lead pipe. Hey, don't ask me where this stuff comes from. Had a real nice conversation with a female park ranger who wanted to know what I found.
[attachment=1357]
Nice ring-a-ding, Ohio. Seems like you're quickly learning the language of that SE Yes I think the best prize of the day was that chat you had with the female ranger. Any day when your balls DON'T get busted by somebody in this hobby is a happy one, especially if it's law enforcement. Always nice to get one on your good side too, and it was even better that she had a genuine interest in what you were doing Happy

P.S.- Was she cute? Did you end up showing her any of your high school football moves, like Al Bundy?

Joe
Nice finds. You ML guys speak a whole different language. It's great that the ranger was cool. I've not ran into any problems detecting around here, but if you read around on forums it happens alot.
She was nice. Didn't ask to see my permit. Was mostly interested in the guys out on the pier and along shore fishing in open areas of ice. She did what I'd call a walk through. They stock that area with trout. (It a big quarry.) Cute in her own way and kinda nerdy looking. Mid 30's, 5'2 or 3", thin, dark blonde hair in a short pony tail, glasses, light green eyes, had a S&W M&P, a large yellow taser, an industrial sized can of pepper spray, 2 magazine pouches, flashlight pouch, Motorola portable and handcuffs on her belt. She probably coulda whooped my ass if she wanted to. She looked real good in that uniform. All that and I didn't read her name badge. (Next time) I was sitting back on a bench resting my back when she stopped and asked how it was going. I told her I was pretty sore from being a couch potato all winter and she laughed and said she had to force herself out of the cruiser and take a walk because of how nice the day was but hated the winter we had. I showed her the ring and told her I was looking mainly for old silver coins but hadn't had any luck. She asked if I ever found any and I told her the spiel. She pretty much said "Well, good luck." and off she went. Dumb ass me never got her name. Sheesh, I'm losing it as I get older.

Yeah Will, she was cool. Most of them are. Only once have they asked if I had a permit but never wanted to see it. They see some old fart swinging a machine and they figure he can't do much harm. And they keep pretty busy with the poachers and the teens as it is. They kinda leave the AARP crowd alone. Only time they stop and ask is when they're curious and need to break up the monotony. I would never want to be a cop.
Reference URL's