Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: One mans trash is another's treasure
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So Im at work last week cashiering, minding my own business. and this person comes up behind me and tosses all these coins in my garbage can. My manager said I could swipe them If I wanted. 
Now, I know I technically didnt find them with my detector but..they made a nice little addition to my collection!
Cool.
Interesting coins? Where do you live again, as I see those are all canadian. Do you find a lot of loonies? Ha, I LOVE saying loonies Tongue

Joe
digger- Im about 15 miles from boston. Most of the coins are canadian, and its not uncommon to find pennies, nickles and dimes around here, I dont see much of the loonies or toonies though.
Side note: canada has stopped making/using pennies. so stock up, they may be worth something in 500 years.
As for the other coins, there is one from Aruba (they also make square coins), one French, one Jamaican, and the rest look Arabic or something.. I cant read the writing.
Here in Michigan Canadian money is as good as USA money being that we border Canada. We can spend them in the store just the same as any other monies :-)

Cool save!

PS - side note:

I once went to Georgia on my way to Florida and stopped at a gas station for gas and something to drink (soda as they call it down that way!)

and so I pulled some change out to pay for the "soda" and had a canada quarter in the mix

the guy handed it back to me and said they don't accept canada money

I said "what??" - what do you mean?

He said - "it's not US money so we don't take it"!!

I told him - "am I on the same planet as YOU are!?"

He didn't like me after that!
Mich, we tend to use the quarters and pennies here no problem. I guess the person who threw them away just didnt like canada money.
down south they're usually more lenient...maybe you caught the person on a bad day?
What do you call "soda" in Michigan? We call it pop over here.

(03-20-2014 01:57 AM)MichiganRelicHunter Wrote: [ -> ]Here in Michigan Canadian money is as good as USA money being that we border Canada. We can spend them in the store just the same as any other monies :-)

Cool save!

PS - side note:

I once went to Georgia on my way to Florida and stopped at a gas station for gas and something to drink (soda as they call it down that way!)

and so I pulled some change out to pay for the "soda" and had a canada quarter in the mix

the guy handed it back to me and said they don't accept canada money

I said "what??" - what do you mean?

He said - "it's not US money so we don't take it"!!

I told him - "am I on the same planet as YOU are!?"

He didn't like me after that!
(03-20-2014 09:37 AM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]What do you call "soda" in Michigan?  We call it pop over here.

We call it "pop" here too PW ;-)
You're becoming a Jr. Numismatist. I keep coins from all my trips and when I have friends going across the ponds I give them $10 and tell them to bring back what they can from the countries they're visiting. The Euro coins are interesting and the canadian pennies I have a separate jar for. You'll get out there somewhere along the line and find your own. Keep the faith!
Ohio, i do the same thing; asking friends/family for foreign currency when they go on trips.. i do a lot of  traveling myself as well. the result being a shoe box full of different coins from all over the world.
Reference URL's