Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Hello guys,
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am new to medal detecting sort of, I have spent the last twenty or so years demineing (land mines) or training people to demine. As a kid, my dad bought a radio shack medal dector to use on the beach. I don't remember much abought it or what happened to it but I guess I caught the bug of hunting for objects underground then. I love it.
I have had my Garrett 250 since christmas and found coins, relics, and enough nails, screws,and pull tabs in my yard to wonder how my house is still standing.
That is still fun though. I can now hear the differences between the iron and other medals. Other than pull taps and cans still I love digging just to see what is there.
Good hunting.
Welcome to the forum from Pittsburgh PA. It is a great hobby. You never know what you're gonna dig.
welcome from Wisconsin its a great hobby
Welcome aboard, Sapper! Geez, what we do is child's play compared to you. Are these mines you demine live while you're working on them? Are we talking Hurt Locker type of stuff?

Practice as much as you can on your detector, and most importantly, find good spots, as that's the key to most of the success in this hobby Yes

Go to the contest thread, and enter our new contest for a new metal detector!

Joe
Yes, live mines. But a lot of inert or dummy mines in training before hand. As for hurt locker Hollywood added a little bit to the real thing. But that's ok.
Welcome aboard Sapper! Hello from NE Ohio. The more you use it, the better you get!!! So to speak. Happy digging!!!
Thanks by the way currently in mid mo
Reference URL's