Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: No Idea Any Guesses?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I found this with my detector in the summer at a 1860s farm house in what used to be the pasture. I believe its copper but have no idea what it is. Anyone have an idea? Thanks
I'm inclined to say it's a decorative suspender or garter clip although my searches have found none of that particular style. I'd go in that direction for research however. Unless there are other ideas from members.
I thought suspender clip at first, but, I think it's a fob. Very decorative piece Yes

Joe
yea I was thinking fob but never seen one like it
Thanks for the input, after getting the fob idea in my head I'm beginning to think more and more that's what it is. Thanks again for the helpHappy
Perhaps a bridle ornament.....???  The loop for the strap seems too wide for a fob (chain!).
(just an educated guess!)
(03-26-2014 06:26 PM)drgeorge Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps a bridle ornament.....???  The loop for the strap seems too wide for a fob (chain!).
(just an educated guess!)

My 1st thought too = Bridal piece. I've found several like it.
I was thinking a bridal piece when i first found it too but the slot at the top would be too thin for leather to run through it. I really don't know, i do appreciate all the ideas though.
Reference URL's