Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Japanese 50 sen Coin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I found this I thought at first it was a token. I found it in 2012 in the middle of a soccer field. It's silver. Took a couple of hours to find out where it came from but I did.
It hit at 88-89 on the Delta. So for all intents and purposes I thought I was digging a quarter or a silver ring. And, of course, I hit it with the digger.
[attachment=1392]
Wow, that's sick! Never saw one of those before. Bet you were doing cartwheels when you found out it was silver...I know I would Yes Ya know...

I hunted with an Omega for a while, Ohio. Basically the same machine as the Delta. I LOVED the Omega! Quick, pretty accurate ID capability, ran on one 9v if I remember correct, and man oh man, that thing was light as a feather! It was actually a FUN unit to hunt with. Whereas the Minelabs are a chore to swing, but, the finds make you a lifer. Only thing missing on the Omega was the depth. I really don't think I pulled many targets beyond 8" or so. Furthermore, even at that mediocre depth, the targets sounded VERY faint. That was about tops for depth on that machine...in my dirt. But I tell ya...

If they made the same exact machine, with the depth of a Minelab...I'd be the first on line to buy one Yes

Joe
Joe. I knew it was silver from the get go and that made happier than a pig in the sty. But I can only guess why it was there. I know that particular field was not graded much because it was pretty much left as is except for a touch of topsoil for grass. It's the oldest field in the complex (1964). My two guesses are somebody from Japan dropped their lucky charm during a national tournament game or was visiting from Japan during the yearly 4th of July fireworks. Other than that it's anyone's guess.

That Delta is a great machine and the Omega is better and only a step down from the T2. I like it but your truth holds. 8" for a top sense of objects is about it. That's why I got the SE. Now I gotta figure out how deep and what. So far seems pretty accurate. Digging a lot of foil balls "JIC".

I figured that I'd dig for a couple of months over old places and see what turns up before I wander to new locations. Gotta get the "feel" back.
Nice find
Reference URL's