Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Spring Break Detect-o-thon...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey Yall.

So I had a week off work for spring break (I teach at an art college) Most normal people would relax somewhere, but all I could do is fantasize about how much time I could put in detecting relics! I got to drive over to Gold Country and hunt with some buddies and had so much fun.
Found some cool oldies too, and knocked some off my bucket list. Got my first Barber, first Chinese coin, and first counterfeit Roman (I’m assuming it’s fake anyway) Also got my second 3 cent piece in a year! (I thought you guys said these were rare ;P) If anyone has any info or resources for IDing on the Chinese coin or Roman I’d be very grateful.
The design on the Roman is a version of these:
http://www.coinproject.com/search_emperor.php?emp=P.-Plautius-Hypsaeus-and-M.-Aemilius-Scaurus&city=&type=6

But alas reads as lead as opposed to silver like examples.

[attachment=1401]

[attachment=1402]

[attachment=1403]

Thanks for looking!
-MM
Awesome dude!!! Ctx??
Greco Roman 58 BC or damn close. Where on earth did you find this. Maybe a Greek gold miner dropped it out there. If it has silver content its probably real. Cleaning it is a whole other story. Thanks for that link!!!! Here's one of mine. Yours is better.

http://www.catawiki.com/catalog/coins/co...aeus-58-bc

Nice hunt for a first out!!!!

[attachment=1404]
Awesome finds.  What is the thing with the three things on it?
Geez, it's only spring, Micah! You better slow down, or you're gonna be burned out by the time Summer rolls around Tongue Love it all, dude Yes

P.S. - 2 trimes. That's damn good. Especially considering I'm still trying to find my first!

Joe
(03-24-2014 10:08 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome finds.  What is the thing with the three things on it?

I was hunting with Ron and Marc and Ron was just talking about those -
the very next day I found that!
Its a suspender buckle for 3 lines of leather (each a seperate connection point to pants.
There are several examples in the early 1900s Sears and Roebuck cataloge.
I never would've known Wink
picture is worth a thousand words.
Awesome!
 Thanks for finding that Ron!
Love seeing adverts of this stuff.
Man they had style back then.
Thanks Ron! I saved that image...Ive found a couple,and my son found one ...now I know the how and why! Very cool!!!
no problem.  I keep a file with all the ID stuff in it so I don't have to go find it every time I forget what I have. Happy
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's