Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Does anyone go Geocaching?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Before I detected I Geocached. I found some great dig sites from places where I geocached. One day I will get another GPS and head out there. The cell phone apps just don't cut it.
(03-25-2014 08:03 PM)DetectorOCD Wrote: [ -> ]Before I detected I Geocached. I found some great dig sites from places where I geocached. One day I will get another GPS and head out there. The cell phone apps just don't cut it.

Never tried it, but, used to have a buddy that did. He loved it! Here's a good one...

Try what I call GPS hunting Yes Most GPS's have a parks section. Go into it and get all the parks within 10 miles. Then, just start driving. Sometimes you'll get skunked & the "park" is some tiny little thing no bigger than someone's lawn, lol. Other times, it'll be one of those brand new, filled in places. However...

Sooner or later you'll come across a hidden little gem. I used to do this a lot, and found many silvers. Try it Beer

Joe
Good advice, Joe. I do that as well. Sometimes it takes me to scary locations though lol
(03-25-2014 08:21 PM)DetectorOCD Wrote: [ -> ]Good advice, Joe. I do that as well. Sometimes it takes me to scary locations though lol

Yeah, we have QUITE a few of them here in NJ, lol. Key is hitting them early while the riff-riff is still in their drug/drink induced slumbers from the night before Yes

Joe
No It seems to be a waste of time what value is there in it ?
Brought a garmin a few years ago, would take it with me in case I found a good spot so I could go back the next time. Mainly for hunting out in the woods.
We had 2 Geo cache sites at the soccer fields but now we only have one. I like the concept except that people from all over the place show up wandering around, which I don't mind because it's still a public park. One of the tubes went missing at the inside of a base of a big Willow tree I cut back and trimmed 2 years ago that was a plastic pipe affair filled with silly looking pencils and plastic cartoon buttons and such and notes from past finders. The one that still remains I have to re-attach to a snow fence post as it's laying on the ground near the creek this Spring and is a white PVC pipe assembly. I'll probably paint it green to make it more challenging as the white stuck out like a signpost during the summer months. Contents were the same. I see a lot of Grandparents taking their Grand kids out to do this so it don't bother me none to help them on an adventure. Until I found them upon cleaning up the property when I got there four years ago, I'd never heard of the term Geo Caching. So even an old dog can learn new tricks and my strengths in raising children have waned somewhat.
not really my thing,but if you enjoy it,go for it!
We found a geocache today. Me and the little one were at a Cub Scout camping trip. This morning we all went on a little hike in the woods and one kid spotted an ammo box between some logs. The scout leader got all panicked saying don't touch that. I don't know what's in it. He picked it up and was all nervous looking around and stuff and I spotted a big black and white sticker on the side said GEOCACHE. I said it's a geocache and he calmed down. It was quite amusing to me. Then he explained to the kids what a geocache was.
(04-06-2014 05:20 PM)PittsburghWill Wrote: [ -> ]We found a geocache today. Me and the little one were at a Cub Scout camping trip. This morning we all went on a little hike in the woods and one kid spotted an ammo box between some logs. The scout leader got all panicked saying don't touch that. I don't know what's in it. He picked it up and was all nervous looking around and stuff and I spotted a big black and white sticker on the side said GEOCACHE. I said it's a geocache and he calmed down. It was quite amusing to me. Then he explained to the kids what a geocache was.

What was in it?

Joe
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's