Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: My Latest Mirage PI for Water and Land Hunting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Thought I would share some pictures with you. These are my latest builds.

New Water PI
This one came out really nice, easy to disassemble and service if needed. Kind of like plug and play.
The circuit board is housed in a copper shielded box to ward off any EMI thugs. As with all my PI's it has a rechargeable Lithium-ion battery installed.
A set of Detectorpro Amphibian waterproof headphones goes along with. Really nice sounding headset that works perfect for my PI's.
[attachment=1422]

[attachment=1423]

[attachment=1424]

And my land unit

[attachment=1425]

[attachment=1426]

How do the units you build perform on small gold?
(03-25-2014 11:56 PM)devilpookie Wrote: [ -> ]How do the units you build perform on small gold?

Read all about it here
http://www.treasurelinx.com/projects.html

Pulse Delay can be adjusted from 10us up.
It will find a 1/4" x 1/8" nugget to about 4". It will pick up smaller nuggets. I'm not in gold nugget country, so the Mirage is set up, calibrated to find small gold jewelry items that most folks  miss with a VLF machine. Performance is s better than the Infinium and Detectorpro PI on the smaller stuff. There was no performance loss when tested in the salt surf of Galveston Bay, TX. handled the salt. Has no problems handling most mineralization but, Australia gives it some problems when using the 10.5" coil. Australia  is the true test for all PI's. Hot rocks are not a problem. Couple have been built in Germany and they are impressed. Sent some kits out to France, UK and Australia recently.

I make a few different size coils 5" round, 4x7 oval, 7" round, 9.5 & 10.5" round.

It's a fun machine that weighs in just over 3 pounds as pictured, perfectly balanced so it feels as light as a Tesoro, you can swing it all day.

After three years of tinkering and numerous PCB revisions, its just to were it's about perfect for my type of hunting.

German video:
Thanks. The pictures of your machine aren't showing up for me. I did look at the website though. Nicely put together machines. Very interesting. I think building one myself is a little too involved for me especially with my time constraints. I still haven't finished modding my Vaquero and that only needs about 2-3 more hours of work. I am always on the lookout for the best gold jewelry finding machines for the beach (or for anyplace actually). I currently use a Sov GT/WOT but of course with salinity and mineralization, they are pretty much limited to finding rings and larger type of jewelry.
Pics are broken. I am  dying to see this!
The pictures show up in Firefox browser, did check Chromium browser and the will not show.
I just did some creative editing so they now appear.
Aha! Now i see em. Very nice.
Wow that is so clean!! More details!!
The best thing for me is that it didn't cost me $1500-2000, learned a lot about electronics and testing equipment, trouble shooting. Still learning. Does go to show a garage built unit as perform as well or better than a mass produced manufactured unit.
Free life time warranty------LOL

Pictured below are my clad quarter, dimes and nickels found last year with the PI.
Pictured are a few of the many $1 and $2 coins found. I usually clean those up, when my baggie reaches $50, go out and have a good time. Found about $100 worth last year. These all come schoolyards and parks locally. You wouldn't believe how many coins came from so called cleaned out places. I love going behind someone with a high end machine.............

I do dig a fair amount of trash, actually a bunch less than I would when using a VLF machine. With a pulse delay set at 10 or a bit above, I get no tiny foil like you would with a VLF set just above iron disc in. But the small gold rings  that are generally disc'd out when eliminating foil in a VLF machine, I still pick up with the PI.  This is where my PI shines, no tiny foil, will get the gold amongst it.

[attachment=1475]

[attachment=1476]

[attachment=1477]
Gotta tell you, Sven, I thought I knew about every make of detector under the sun, but, never heard of a Mirage. Is it real? Tongue Lol.

Care to fill the newbs in (including me) on that detector brand. Thanks!

P.S. - Your mods are stunning. Do you do custom work for others?

Joe
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's