Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: 1853 LARGE Cent
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Beautiful coin. Still waiting to dig my first pre-1900 coin
Nice, dude!!! Those are getting rarer & rarer to find, glad you got yours Yes The Delta's are good freakin units. I had the Omega, which is in the same family. Niiiiiiiice Happy

Joe
(03-26-2014 05:55 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Nice, dude!!! Those are getting rarer & rarer to find, glad you got yours Yes The Delta's are good freakin units. Will (PittsburghWill) used to swing one. I had the Omega, which is in the same family. Niiiiiiiice Happy

Joe

Thanks Joe, I have to admit I'm very proud of that coin. I do love the Delta for an entry level machine, but I really am starting to feel the need for something a bit more serious, like maybe an e-trac... still doing my home work.
(03-26-2014 06:37 PM)I Dig History Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-26-2014 05:55 PM)NjNyDigger Wrote: [ -> ]Nice, dude!!! Those are getting rarer & rarer to find, glad you got yours Yes The Delta's are good freakin units. Will (PittsburghWill) used to swing one. I had the Omega, which is in the same family. Niiiiiiiice Happy

Joe

Thanks Joe, I have to admit I'm very proud of that coin. I do love the Delta for an entry level machine, but I really am starting to feel the need for something a bit more serious, like maybe an e-trac... still doing my home work.

You know what, nothing can argue with success Yes If the Delta is working for you, no need to fix something that isn't broken. MOST of what this hobby comes down to is location. You seem to have great spots, so, I believe the Delta will do you good Happy

Going Etrac (or any Minelab) is a huge step up. You'll surely have a more sophisticated detector, but, that alone doesn't spell success. When the right spots, meets the right detector, which meets the right persons hands, it's a perfect marriage. Meaning, if you know the Delta (and it looks like you do), if you like it, if you're making super finds at your spots, you're doing everything right already Wink

Joe
I agree its all about location, and although I do have a great location, I haven't even left my own yard yet. The Delta is an awesome machine, but I can't help but think a more serious machine will get me some really sweet finds that my Delta just can't reach. I have a few areas that I know have some really good stuff, but its under a million square nails. I want a machine that will search very deep and weed out as much trash as possible. I have so many good signals out here, I am not in any hurry to upgrade, and who knows what great new machine they will come out with next.

I am also impressed with the AT Pro, seems to be an all around good machine for the price.
(03-26-2014 09:35 PM)I Dig History Wrote: [ -> ]I agree its all about location, and although I do have a great location, I haven't even left my own yard yet. The Delta is an awesome machine, but I can't help but think a more serious machine will get me some really sweet finds that my Delta just can't reach. I have a few areas that I know have some really good stuff, but its under a million square nails. I want a machine that will search very deep and weed out as much trash as possible. I have so many good signals out here, I am not in any hurry to upgrade, and who knows what great new machine they will come out with next.

I am also impressed with the AT Pro, seems to be an all around good machine for the price.

Aaahhh, iron. Well, for thick carpets of iron, Minelabs aren't going to cut it, to be honest. They're built for pure, raw depth. For iron work...

I'd go with a Deus, Gold Bug Pro, F75 or AT Gold. I have the AT Gold myself, and it is SPECTACULAR in iron! Not much in the depth department, but, here's the thing...

A good iron machine doesn't normally have extraordinary depth. It's a specialized unit. They don't normally go hand in hand. However...

If you have a great iron machine, you really don't need depth anyways, as you'll be pulling out so much stuff others missed due to masking, you'll have a field day Wink

Iron machines don't have BAD depth, just marginal. Nothing compared to a Minelab, but, again, you won't need depth if you're plucking out keepers others couldn't Yes Do yourself a favor...

Search YouTube for: "Bill Ladd AT Gold". Watch him work a thick iron site with that machine & you'll be impressed!

Joe
Reference URL's