Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Mystery Relic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am not sure if anybody can identify this or maybe it's just junk? It's about 5 or 6 inches long, curved on one side flat on the other. The curved side appears to be brass, but it looks like it was filled with another metal that I can't identify, and it's all cracked up, makes me think its just dirt but when I clean it, it's too hard to be dirt and feels like metal. There appears to be a rusted screw or something sticking out of the flat side. 

[attachment=1458]
[attachment=1459]
[attachment=1460]
Not that this helps but i have a pair of small precision wire clippers and the item you have resembles the handles on them. The inside flat area also has a little piece of spring steel screwed into them so they retract.
Don't know what it is.  It reminds me of auto moulding that has lost the chrome plating.
it looks like a piece of molding off of a car. probably used to be chrome plated.
Well if I didn't know better it looks like a brick masons concave mortar joiner and the end that has the screw was the wooden handle. On the curved side does it have scrapes parallel to the length and does the non handle end have a worn sharpness to it? Go check and see if the curved side fits into any unworn brick mortar joints on the house, that may give you a clue.
I think you're right, I was thinking it looks like a tool of some kind and the motar thingy is a good idea
Reference URL's