Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Metal Detecting Virginia March 2014
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dude, I am LOVING your videos! Keep'm coming Yes I'll speak for myself, but, hunting that land you live on would be better than winning the lotto for me...okay, almost as good Happy I'm living vicariously through you as you proceed through the property on your hunts. Freakin awesome. Mark my words...

You are going to pull out something remarkable soon Wink BTW...

You said the house was once an old slave quarters or plantation. If so, you might even find a slave tag.

Joe
Hey Joe,

Glad you are enjoying the video's! I do realize how lucky I am to live here and hunt here, it really is a lot of fun. This was a plantation home built and lived in by a very wealthy man, he also owned a few ships and was involved in the shipping industry as well as his plantation farm. He did have up to 48 slaves at one time, I have the number of slave on various census reports. I would love to find a slave tag, that would be awesome, but to my knowledge those have only been found in North Carolina, and although I am close to there it would be a first in Virginia. I will eventually find something really cool, but for now I am content plugging away with the various finds that I get. I got to dig some yesterday and hope to put another video together today or tomorrow. Thanks for your comments and happy hunting my friend.

Brady
Reference URL's