Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: permission on land
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok ive been detecting parks only and i would like to detect on farm land, has anyone got advice on how to get permission on land, also anything i need?.
I've never done any farm land. My brother does, but for arrowheads. He catches the farmers on the tractors, usually. Or he stops by the only house that could possibly be the owner or knows him and asks. He's an insurance salesman so he's conditioned to get thrown off but has had a lot of practice at it. He's pretty smooth. He tells me that mostly the farmers don't care if your there after harvest or before planting, and he's had quite some success getting on the property. He bought a White's Coinmaster and wants me to show him the ropes so I guess this Spring it'll be dairy boots in the mud.
Good luck though and HH!!!
(03-30-2014 03:48 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]I've never done any farm land. My brother does, but for arrowheads. He catches the farmers on the tractors, usually. Or he stops by the only house that could possibly be the owner or knows him and asks. He's an insurance salesman so he's conditioned to get thrown off but has had a lot of practice at it. He's pretty smooth. He tells me that mostly the farmers don't care if your there after harvest or before planting, and he's had quite some success getting on the property. He bought a White's Coinmaster and wants me to show him the ropes so I guess this Spring it'll be dairy boots in the mud.
Good luck though and HH!!!

Nice! Reminds me of that Woody Allen movie (can't remember which one) where he's stuck in a foxhole with an insurance salesman...and Woody shoots himself in the head. Those guys can TALK Tongue

To answer the OP's question...

Just knock on doors & ask. It's that simple Wink Look at it this way...

If there's ten homes you wanna detect, but, don't ask, you have NO success. However, if just ONE says yes after you go knocking, you've got what you wished Yes

Joe
Be honest, friendly and don't be discouraged by a negative answer......as mentioned earlier, best time for fields is after harvest or before planting! 
Also, if you get one farmer to say yes then the rest will fall like dominoes!!! 
Don't mind the manure!!!Tongue
Thanks for the little tips fellas, i now have permission for 2 sites after my first day of knocking out of 10. I will upload finds of interest as i only know a small amount at the moment.
Reference URL's