Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Virginia Dig 03/28/14 Silver
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think the first "whatsit" may be part of a fireplace poker/cleaning set (in this case possibly a scraper used to remove soot from the side of a fireplace)....just a guess!!!
Great vid, excellent hunt (yeah, get gloves!!).  Thanks for sharing!!!
GL+HH!!!
Y'all Do it Different there in VA huh?
Don't let the pull tabs discourage you. One of those times you dig one that's a strong 59>60 you may be digging a gold ring. And as much as I've swung my Delta I've never hit a silver quarter yet. I hunt fairly modern areas though so that's got to be the problem. Nice video!
(03-30-2014 09:32 AM)daddyrule5 Wrote: [ -> ]Y'all Do it Different there in VA huh?

How so?

(03-30-2014 06:06 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Don't let the pull tabs discourage you. One of those times you dig one that's a strong 59>60 you may be digging a gold ring. And as much as I've swung my Delta I've never hit a silver quarter yet. I hunt fairly modern areas though so that's got to be the problem. Nice video!

Believe it or not my Eagle Infantry button bounced between 60-62, I dig everything! 

(03-30-2014 09:02 AM)drgeorge Wrote: [ -> ]I think the first "whatsit" may be part of a fireplace poker/cleaning set (in this case possibly a scraper used to remove soot from the side of a fireplace)....just a guess!!!
Great vid, excellent hunt (yeah, get gloves!!).  Thanks for sharing!!!
GL+HH!!!

After further research i have determined the first "whatsit" is an iron spatula, or at least the handle is iron the flat spatula may be be another material. This is most likely from the mid 18th to mid 19th century. 
Amazing, bro!!! You know EXACTLY what you're doing Yes At an old property like yours, YES, dig everything! Second...

Keep digging that deep iron, as sometimes a very deep, borderline signal will ID as iron, but, could be a coin on edge, or, too deep for your detector to properly identify. Iron located near a good object can also skew the numbers on the good target.

Always recheck your holes! Most of the stuff you're digging isn't that deep, and there could be other goodies in one hole Wink

I love digging barbers...especially quarters. Keep digging!!!!!

Joe
Reference URL's