Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Bayonet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a past find that I have never shared with many. I found it back in like 1973 in England on the shore of the English channel between England and Europe. I don't know what country it is from for sure but I always thought America. so I added the picture of the end its the only design on the whole thing no writing at all. For many years I used it as a digger for detecting but I finally decided to put it away many years ago as it is good history and a prized find for me
Thanks for looking
[attachment=1542][attachment=1543]
Wow, that's incredible, Steve! Is that the original leather lashing still on the piece? If so, that's amazing. Have you been able to identify that hallmark at all?

AMAZING FINDĀ Yes

Joe
Thanks Joe, Yes that is still the original leather, I didn't use it much as a digger and never cleaned it even after I found it been in display for 15 years and is still shinny some. Must be made of good steel.
Simply Badass.
It is the perfect width for scaple-like excavations (especially between tree roots where a lesche is too damn cumbersome!)
OMG!!!

Super cool.....US M4 bayonett/fighting knife!!!
I collect bayos, so I can appreciate this one (still don't have one of these though!).
Congrats!!!!!
Very nice find. That's a classic for sure.
that thing is friggin sweet
That is pretty darn epic. Great find!
Reference URL's