Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: newbie needs help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm new to detecting and am looking to buy my first detector was wondering if anyone had any input on a good but cheap ($) first detector thanks to all......keep your nails dirty...
The blog section at the top of the page is a great plce to start. It's to the point and accurate without a ton of reading--thanks Joe.
Determine the type of hunting/detecting you're up for before you start looking for a unit and then buy the best you can afford.
I would check in to a one touch machine like the Garrett Ace 150 or 2590 there good basic entry machines.
(04-01-2014 08:43 AM)robbie0920 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm new to detecting and am looking to buy my first detector was wondering if anyone had any input on a good but cheap ($) first detector thanks to all......keep your nails dirty...

I suggest the Fisher F2.  You can get the package with the pinpointer and 4 inch coil for around $215.  That the cost of an Ace 250.  The F2 has more features than the 250 as well.  Lots of F2 videos on youtube to watch as well.
Reference URL's