Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Found But Returning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Spent 1.5 hrs after work swinging slowly, found about a buck in clad and the enclosed ring. It's silver with what looks like a sapphire stone. Has S.H.S 2007
and on the inside, beside the hallmark the name "Jodi" on it. So up to the HS I go this week to see if I can find an owner.
[attachment=1555]
[attachment=1556]
Nice score!!! Jodi is going to be a happy camper Wink Try to take pics of you returning the ring to her, as you can submit it to the treasure mags & Minelab's site...they LOVE stuff like that! Good memory for your detecting scrapbook, too Yes

Gonna be about 65 here tomorrow. I'm throwing on a light sweatshirt & going digging all day!!!

Joe
Publicity is not my style, however, if I can find the woman and return it to her that will make me happy enough. Besides, I find so many silver rings at the Soccer fields with nothing but .925 marks that I guess this is Gods' way of Payback. He's always checking on me, damn it. But, of course, if the HS lets me do their fields out back, which they don't allow, that'll be a big reward.Tongue They've also been after me to fix their irrigation lines on the football field for 2 years. Why they even offered me a full time maintenance job for $9.23 an hour. How generous. I turned them down.
(04-01-2014 09:22 PM)Ohio Dirt Fisher Wrote: [ -> ]Publicity is not my style, however, if I can find the woman and return it to her that will make me happy enough. Besides, I find so many silver rings at the Soccer fields with nothing but .925 marks that I guess this is Gods' way of Payback. He's always checking on me, damn it. But, of course, if the HS lets me do their fields out back, which they don't allow, that'll be a big reward.Tongue They've also been after me to fix their irrigation lines on the football field for 2 years. Why they even offered me a full time maintenance job for $9.23 an hour. How generous. I turned them down.

Gotta love the school systems and their "maintenance" careers these day (or should I say lack there of)!

Used to be you could retire from the maintenance dept. in the school system with a decent retirement package while having made a decent wage thru-out your career and having been in the union with all the benefits 

now it's a load of worthless BS job that is subbed out to people who hire kids or desperate people for min wage basically, no retirement, and no benefits at all.

Freekin joke is what it is!

$9.23 an hr = hahaha hohoho hehehe in your DREAMS pal I woulda told them while declining! 

Nice find/ring BTW :-)

HH
Hope you are able to find the rings owner.
It turns out to be a class ring from 2007. I wasn't aware that there were so many styles and types of class rings available now. Back in the day they chose a style and you either took it or left it. Anyway, without so much as a "Wow, that's great!", I traded my business card with the woman in school records and left the ring there for them to find "Jodi", with the promise that they'd have her call me. (Thank You HIPPA!) I bumped into the Athletic Director as well and told him I dropped it off so as to cover myself. We'll see what the result is and I'll post when I get a response from the owner.
Nice find. It's great of you to return it. I hope the school goes through with it.
I think it may take a bit of time. When I first got there the woman in records looked a little frazzled and was going through file cabinets and piles of stuff on her desk. I didn't quite explain my presence there well enough for her to completely understand the find until I actually mentioned "class ring". Then she started to pay some attention and started writing information down. I dropped the names of the varsity coaches and she started to write everything down that I was telling her. So I hope that it comes to fruition. I'm thinking that if I don't hear anything, next week I'm going to talk to one of the coaches at the soccer club meeting and see if they can push it along. God knows I bend over backwards for them when the fields need to be ready for the fall varsity season. As I said, we'll see.

Going to start a thread of collections of found stuff that's worth keeping. I have all these empty cigar boxes laying around and thought I'd start filling them with categories of "Stuff" I've found. Micah Moore has a great collection room and that gave me some inspiration, and the fact that the "Stuff" is taking over a small but important portion of my secretary that I could use for more "other" stuff. Ya know we all got stuff.Chuckle
I think giving a class ring back is good Carma . It would be better if it could be done in person to see the reaction but well worth it either way. Nothing better than doing the right thing. Keep diggin and may the good Carma rain down on you like a hurricane.
(11-01-2014 10:00 PM)biggredd1972@yahoo.com Wrote: [ -> ]I think giving a class ring back is good Carma . It would be better if it could be done in person to see the reaction but well worth it either way. Nothing better than doing the right thing. Keep diggin and may the good Carma rain down on you like a hurricane.

What He Said.
Does the local Library keep copies of the year books?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's