Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: a little disappointing still alright
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well I head to this site today and lemme tell you, I am going to find good stuff outta here just here's the thing.  My buddy who's land I was hitting wanted to go to every dang site he had on his property and I got no time to actually get down to business and hit the sites hard.  My best site today is an old mining camp with house ruin.  Together we pulled up 12 shovels, and a gold pan! I gave them to him so thats why I dont have a picture, but I found a Chinese coin, as well as a top for something old if someone could help me out it be great, the stop reads E.I DuPont &CO its old definitely gold rush era thanks for lookin!
Looks very promising, nice ruins, and the coin is great!
I think the DuPont item is a gun powder can lid, very cool gold rush item.
Stay after it, some great stuff is gonna come out of that site !
see the chiniese cash coin but don't see the other thing sorry
Cool finds.  Doesn't Dupont make paint and chemicals?
hit it hard dude!
It's nice to show a "lay-person" the ropes and give them some insight into our hobby, but they can hamper your style sometimes--get back there and pound it!!!!!!!!
GL+HH
Nice coin and powder cap dude!
Sometimes it takes awhile to get in the zone and you totally don't wanna go to another site when you feel like its just starting to hit....
Totally hear you on that.

Next time why don't you tell him "Look lets fan out a wide search area but if / when we get any interesting or coin targets, we focus and stay at that area for at least (insert time here) I'd say 1 hour minimum...hell sometimes its 4 hours til I find something cool.

Keep us posted Wink
Ain't nothing wrong with a Chinese coin!!! I'm still waiting to find one after many years. They are ooooooooooold Yes Going by the pic, that spot looks VERY promising Yes

Joe
(04-03-2014 02:00 AM)micahmoore Wrote: [ -> ]Nice coin and powder cap dude!
Sometimes it takes awhile to get in the zone and you totally don't wanna go to another site when you feel like its just starting to hit....
Totally hear you on that.

Next time why don't you tell him "Look lets fan out a wide search area but if / when we get any interesting or coin targets, we focus and stay at that area for at least (insert time here) I'd say 1 hour minimum...hell sometimes its 4 hours til I find something cool.

Keep us posted Wink

yeah man for sure I told him next time we are going to hammer this site I mean I was maybe there for 30 minutes and had some great targets he just wanted me to see the rest of his sites which are all equally awesome looking, I cant wait to go back.
For 30 minutes that's a good turn over. Chinese coin especially. Powder cap rare as well. E I Dupont was at one time the largest manufacturer of gunpowder in the world. Most likely in your case for mining explosives prior to the invention of Stick Dynamite.
Back in PA, and I unfortunately never hunted there, there was a river falls area named the Powder Hole where old E I produced gunpowder. The place was sabotaged once during the Civil War and they had 2 other "accidents" prior to the end of WWI before they just gave up and left the area. It's was very remote, very scenic, and chock full of Copperheads and Eastern Diamondbacks. Go get em' the next time!!! HH Wink
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's