Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: need some advice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
ok I'm looking to buy my first detector and have narrowed it down to two.....the gerrett ace 150),....or the tesoro compadre.... Sorry for the horrible spelling. This will be my first detector and I like them both and both have really good reviews so can anyone help me on this. Any help will be greatly appreciated thanks alot.....

also ill be hunting in feilds tot lots parks wooded areas pretty much everything if that helps thanks
I dont know much about other makes.. but the garrett I have found to be ok.. build wise its ok and will do the job.. Having said that I bought the Ace 250 and very quickly upgraded to the AT PRO. Got the bug big time.. My best advise is to see if you can borrow a 150,250 etc prior to purchase. I have a 250 you are more than welcome to trial prior to buying. Its all a learning curve in starting up.. so the more info/experience you can get the better. Don't be rushed these machines are not cheap even at entry level.. Are you UK.
I don't know I haven't used either. From what I've read around on the forums I would take the compadre given that choice. I've read great things about that little guy.
If those were the choices I was making , I'd seriously consider the Tesoro silver in the classifed section for 170 bucks
I would consider the ace 150 if that is what I could afford to start out The ace 250 is just a little more. I am a dealer and can give you an idea of price if you want send me a PM. I can only sell in USA.
Happy Hunrting
Yes, buy that tesoro silver umax in the classified section. The seller is super awesome. But thats besides the point. Between the two you have listed, i would go with the compadre. But knowing what i know now about detectors, i would get a used eurotek pro which would fall close to the price range. I have been through about 40-50 machines and i have kept the eurotek pro as well as the compadre (and about 20 others). Just an opinion. Good luck with whaterever machine you choose and have funHappy
no papadoody I'm us not UK thanks for the amazing offer tho that is great IV found out on here that people are just wonderful people...
I suspect that Garrett is dropping the Ace line. I have seen new Ace 250's in surplus catalogs for about $250   Frank...
[attachment=1574]
Compadre all the way! Much faster than the Ace and will find amazingly small gold jewelry.
The 150 does not have a pinpoint mode and is hard for a newbie to zero in on a target.  The Compadre has a much faster recovery and is easy to pinpojnt with.  But the Compadre does not have tone ID or any kind of modes to help eliminate trash targets if you get tired of digging those.  You really need to look at the Fisher F2 for about the same money.  It has a lot more features than even the Ace 250 for less money.  They work great.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's