Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: short relic hunt with my son
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Me and mountain goat hit one of our old standbys yesterday. Was there about 2 hours when this hiker  came out of nowhere and frantically asked if we had a vehicle nearby. Seems his son and another kid where throwing hatchets at each other,and his son got his arm almost cut off!!!!! No shit,cant make this stuff up!!So we all hightailed it to my truck,and I drove him to his so he could drive the 40miles to hospital! Anyway,we both got some keepers, heres my take.
[attachment=1583]
[attachment=1584]

[attachment=1585]
Dude, that's sick! Did you see the kids arm & everything? I would've heaved all over Sad Man, you're like a magnet for weirdness, Ray, lol. BTW...

Throwing hachets at each other?! Is that a Cali thing? Tongue

Is that a shie or 2 cent piece, Ray? Those are some goos looking relics, my man. I wish I had more spots like you do where I could actually dig cool iron stuff. Here's it's just rusty nails forever!

I meant to posy it, but, forgot...there was a big gold expo out your way this weekend!

P.S. - I thought that thing was a horseshoe at first. What is that? LOVE the last picture!!!

Joe
Hi Joe,
I just got home from the gold summit..awesome turnout!
Kid was not there,dad got a call while out hiking...yeah,I was confused at first too! I was like screw a car,my sons a firefighter,wheres he at?  Then I figured out that his son was already at the hospital.
Thats an 1870 shield nickel..only my third shield ever. Ray
Nice digs Ray :-)

Love the Nickel

and

that mean lookin thunderstorm!
Wow. Hope the kid made it, as I'm sure he lost a lot of blood. Good onto you for doing the right thing & helping out Yes Yeah, I can make out the shield on the coin now. Looking at pics on your phone isn't recommended...especially if someone's got bad eyes like me! Lol. Well...

You got me beat then. I think I've dug one. They're not easy to find here period...especially since I don't dig many nickel signals.

Was it deep? 

How was the gold expo? I gotta PM you tomorrow an interesting conversation I had with one of my accounts. He's near Stockton, out your way.
Sounds like quite the adventure. 

The Shield is awesome!  I also dig that garter belt clip.
Nice Guys!

Beautiful area! Looks like it was about to storm like crazy!
Great stuff ! Shield is especially cool.
Nice collection of stuff especially the nickel. Too bad about that boy's son. Live and learn. I'm with Joe on the nails.
Nice shield, and silver is always nice.  The other relics are interesting as well.  Hope the kid is ok.
Reference URL's