Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Vineland New Jersey...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn3th0T0m10

Is this anywhere near you Joe?!!
(04-07-2014 10:38 PM)micahmoore Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn3th0T0m10

Is this anywhere near you Joe?!!

About an hour and half from me, Micah. I'd venture to say that's somewhere in the Pine Barrens. Don't worry, I'm not giving up his spot, the Pinies are HUGE. Thousands of acres in Southern NJ. That's where most of the colonial stuff comes from in our state. However, you can't really just walk in there. You might get lucky and find some keepers that way, but, you just gotta know the hot spots. There's guys that grew up near there that know that place like the back of their hands. My lord, the stuff that's been found there...and is STILL there is beyond comprehension Happy

BTW, awesome video! Thanks for posting, as I can now go to bed with sweet dreams in my head, lol.

Joe
That is a really cool video!

Joe, when I come up, can we get permission in the woods like that?  Some Colonial finds would be sweet!
(04-08-2014 11:49 PM)SLCdigger Wrote: [ -> ]That is a really cool video!

Joe, when I come up, can we get permission in the woods like that?  Some Colonial finds would be sweet!

No permission needed, SLC...and you're welcome here for a hunt anytime Wink

As I mentioned, the Pine Barrens are open to everyone. It's a MASSIVE place though. It was inhabited many, many years ago, and it's loaded with old foundations, privies, etc. However, finding them is critical. We could always just waltz right in and start hitting stuff, though the real paydays are when you have good intel/research and have at least a promising boundary to work within. Guys have been hunting that place HARD for years. I was there years ago and pulled some awesome stuff. Being it's an hour & half from me though, it's not doable for me to hunt it often.

P.S. - Lots of bodies buried there, too. So, we might even find Jimmy Hoffa Wink

Anytime you're ready to head here, gimme a shout!!!

Joe
Remember the Sopranos episode in the barrens? Christopher and Paulie get lost..hilarious.
(04-13-2014 12:04 AM)deathray Wrote: [ -> ]Remember the Sopranos episode in the barrens? Christopher and Paulie get lost..hilarious.

Remember it? That was one of the top 10 episodes, IMO! When they're eating the ketchup out of the little packets, lol!!! And don't forget...

That's also where Silvio bumped off Adriana for being a rat Wink

Joe
It's flat out awesome some of you fellas live so close to such a great site to hunt. An hour and a half is nothing when factoring in the potential for digging up such history.
Reference URL's