Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Penny Heaven
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I seem to be on a penny roll lately, as everything I'm pulling up is either a wheat or an Indian. Silver is hiding pretty good, as I didn't get any on the last 3 or 4 hunts. I did manage to get a silver ring today, which is always nice, but, I don't include rings in my silver tally...only coins. Aside from the ring, I got a sterling mystery item, 7 wheats, 3 Indians (1883, 1900 & a no date), and a musket ball.

I haven't taken my safari out of all metal mode since I bought it, however, this spot today broke me. It is SUPER trashy. You swing the coil and there's a machine gun amount of signals on each swing, so, I had to go into discriminate, which I hate doing. It helped me pull a few decent keepers though Yes

Joe
One little, two little, three little Indians. I'd call that a good day. I've only found one at a time. Maybe I'll find some more soon. I'm planning to get out Saturday and again Tuesday. Taking a young dude from work Tuesday. It will be his first time. Gonna hit a new(old) spot by his place.
Good job on those wheats and IH. Not too bad on the silver either. That is a nice ring and that pic of a silver thing on the bottom don't look too bad. What is it? Been out for nothing but deep clad and pennies but no silver yet. That all metals can really hammer you sometimes in the parks I've noticed. I take the iron mask down to the lowest setting and sometimes it helps, sometimes not. Today after work I was waiting for a super to show up so hit one field edge for about 25 minutes and turned up just under $2 in clad. But deep. 6 to 8 inches, in sweep areas I've done before. I never heard them with the Delta. HH young man!
You guys find indians left and right,I had 4 for the entire year last year, if I was out there I think I would have handfuls of silver,when I went to Pa I hunted for 2 whole days and pulled out 17 silvers,4 indians,3 v-nickles and 19 wheats, hope to get out there again someday. You may not get quantity,but you guys get the old stuff. Congrats on the tribe!
Congrats on the keepers!!

Could the mystery item be a part of a hair barrette?  Just a guess based on the picture.

Or maybe a cover on a decorative pocket knife?
Nice Dude!

Yea I'm thinking thats a victorian fruit knife.
Ladies carried em.
Happy
https://img0.etsystatic.com/000/0/520966...857142.jpg
Victorian fruit knife???? Stop it with that bay area lingo Micah!!ha!
(04-12-2014 09:03 PM)deathray Wrote: [ -> ]Victorian fruit knife???? Stop it with that bay area lingo Micah!!ha!

Yeah, I kinda thought he was insulting me, for a second Tongue

Joe
Bahaha!

Thats what theyre called I swear!
They usually have a little blade for coring/deseeding!

And lets just say after seeing some on ebay I might start a collection ;P
Don't know about the mystery item, but I like.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's