Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Yeah, BABY!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm on a high right now! I've also been on a silver slump lately, too. I've been pulling up everything BUT shiny (Indians, wheats, all types of doo-dads, etc.), however, no silver in about 4 or 5 hunts. I broke the dry spell in a BIG way today Happy

I cracked a 1927 merc & an 1908 Indian about an hour after getting to one of my regular spots early this morning. I was happy! I broke the slump! And it was a beautiful sunny day here in NJ. I hunted in my t-shirt for the first time this year Yes After the merc & the Indian, nothing else but wheats & garbage for the rest of the day. By about 2:30 I was starting to feel wiped, but, I decided to try a section I've never really hit before for an hour before I hightailed it home. As with any new spot, I tend to dig almost everything to get a feel of things (depth, types of targets, etc.). I started pulling out good indicators right off the bat. Then, I get a high 30's hit on my Safari. Wasn't deep, but, decided to go for it since this was a new spot & good indicators were popping up. Anywho...

I dig out a little clod of dirt, and my ProPointer says it's in the hole. Scoop out another knife full of dirt & I see a large 'white' disc. My heart starts racing. Hmmm, it's probably a token I'm thinking. Hit it with some water & there she was...

A 1917 walking liberty half!!! Yes, not a rare coin. But, I've been detecting on & off since I'm a kid, and balls-to-the-wall serious, hard core addicted for ten years...and I've NEVER found a half before (aside from a JFK half laying on top of the ground many moons ago, but, that doesn't count, lol) Tongue And this baby was MAYBE 3" deep!!! I scratched it with my lesche right above the date...but, I don't care, she's all mine! I'm going to put a chastity belt on her so no other man can have her!!! Hahaha. I finally get a break after digging up what seems like thousands of clad dimes at 9 & 10", lol.

Also got 6 wheats (one Canadian) & a "No Cash Value" arcade token of some sort.

Sorry for the long spiel guys, but, I've found damn near everything over the years, however, halves were eluding me. Haunting me for some damn reason. Until today Dancing

I LOVE this hobby!!!!!!!!!!

Joe
Wow joe that's a great find, figures you found it when I didn't go!just think you have to wait 30 years before your next one, as that's how long ago I found one.they are a beautiful coin and a hard one  to come by.
HOLY S__T Joe!! Congratulations! Wish I was there to see it come out of the ground. If your going to break the slump you might as well do it in a BIG way. It's funny because around 2:45 this afternoon I could swear I heard someone shouting real loud like he was very excited! Gerry
SweeeeeeeeeT silver Super finds
Look at her shine!!!  That's so cool, Joe!  Congrats.
Right on!!  Congrats--Did you say that was your first HALF!!  Very Cool and kudos on the find!

Big Silver is a rush!
Man oh Manichevitz! Pretty damn good find Joe. I'd probably have a heart attack if I found a Walking Half. Good day for hunting all around!!!!!
Nice way to break the slump,Congrats!
Right on Joe!! Sweet half!
Cool beans/great find Joe

been a L O N G while since I've dug a silver 1/2 myself

1990s sometime I believe - they are a hard one to find these days! 

Congrats

HH

MRH
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's