Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Eagle Buttons and a weird thing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I went out for about 4 hours today.  Hunting the old Army camp.  I was able to find quite a bit today.  My favorite is an Artillery Eagle button.  I also found a general staff button and an eagle button that is a little different than what I usually find.  The shield is off to one side.  The only info I can find says it is a Federal Infantry button.  The weirdest relic I found looks like a razor cover.  Not sure, maybe someone can help?  It has a flower pattern to it.  I also found some brass cuff links.  Pretty good day!
WHOA! Awesome buttons, SLC!!! That's a productive hunt, for sure Yes You know, you might be right. If I had to venture a guess, I'd say the handle to an old straight razor.

Terrific, brother Happy

Joe
Looking at the one with the shield on the right . I think is a Navy button. Can you read any makings on the back? Both American and British navy buttons are similar. Been looking in the Record of American Uniform and Historical Buttons book by Alphaeus H. Albert.
(04-13-2014 06:41 PM)bulletbob Wrote: [ -> ]Looking at the one with the shield  on the right . I think is a Navy button. Can you read any makings on the back? Both American and British navy buttons are similar. Been looking in the Record of American Uniform and Historical Buttons book by Alphaeus H. Albert.

No markings at all.  I have found Navy buttons there, but nothing that looks like that.  Definitely an unusual  button.
Nice array of relic buttons there SLC!! Great hunt. Never found any of those around here. Just one flat button with no markings. I know that between you and Bullet Bob, if I ever do find any, I'll know where to go!!!
Congrats on the buttons man! Badass.
VERY Cool button!!

Is it a 1-Piece button?  Any backmark?

Looks similar to an Infantry Officers button.  (border is a bit different though)

Also similar to early militia buttons.

Regardless that is really cool!
Killer buttons!
Nice buttons!
Reference URL's