Treasure Classifieds Forum

Full Version: Wheats and Silver #3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Went back to that place I worked yesterday for 4 hours and it started all over again. 20 minutes in, aside for a few pull tabs and assorted junk, boom, up pops a wheat. 30 minutes after that, boom, up pops a 62D Rosie!!! And beside swinging slowly and deliberately I came up with mostly wheats the remainder of the hunt. (I count wheats as source for silver, so finding them is more important to me than finding clad.) This is the most amount of wheats I've ever found in one hunt and in an area where I prior found wheats. (Yesterday and last year.) I did pull some memorials, some zinc and about 3 clad dimes. There ain't a quarter in the place so far except over by the parking bumpers. So I'm fairly sure the area has been detected to death and the big signals are mostly gone. It's littered with nails, bolts, nuts, you name it "iron". But I ain't finished yet. The oldest wheat I can read a number on is 1924. And I think one may be 1920. So I'm in the vein but the iron is killing me. Happy Hunting to you all! Snow Tuesday here. Oh Joy, Oh Rapture!!!!
[attachment=1650]
There's more there! If you're pulling that many wheats, bound to be some mercs and other stuff Yes Iron is tough to work in...especially lots of iron. Two options...

Slow WAY down, or up the discriminate and null all that crap. Me personally, I'd rather slow down, as once you up the discrim you sacrifice depth. Then again, mental fatigue sets in fast in heavy iron. Processing all of the signals takes a toll, so, silencing the junk will allow you to pluck some keepers in-between the trash. All preference.

I love silver. Way to go, brother! When are you changing your screen name, silver killer? Tongue

Did you say snow?!?!?! Your storm is probably the one we're getting Tuesday. Supposed to be a drencher here with about an inch or two of rain. Behind that, a cold front is moving in, with highs only in the low 50's. It's been in the upper 70's here. Good news is, whatever you do get will probably be gone within a couple of days Happy

Joe
Joe. It was like a wheat every 30 minutes this afternoon. The iron signals are crazy outrageous. I knocked off at 5 hours with a 30 minute break in between and a couple of pee calls and water sips cause they were doing me in. I was taking baby steps and jiggling around them in circles like I was on a Merry go Round looking for the brass ring. Side by side plugs and pinpoint misses were aggravating. I have over 2/3rd's of the area to do yet so I'm going to keep at it. I'm thinking that if the City parks in Cleveland are like this then there must be a heck of a lot of silver there too. Low and slow. The machine is starting to weigh nothing anymore as I'm developing the arm for it since the winter slack off. No stick on the snow but the temps down to the mid 20's, which is worse than snow for me.
Awesome man! I'd be content digging wheats and Rosie's all day! Nice hunt
Nice hunt. With all that wheat you know there has to be more silver. If you keep getting one silver every hunt that would be great.
Man Will, that would be a dream come true.

Then I'd guess I "would" have to change my moniker to "Ohio Silver Killer". And the guys with the E-tracs that stopped by were telling me that those parks were hunted out.

They will be.

By little old me!!

Weather your way turning like ours? Just for 48 hours here, but still a bummer. I needed an anchor with a chain to hold me in place with the wind today.
Reference URL's